Brand New - TDAGARIM repress in 11/4

futre

Hey 'muricans who didn't order from SRC. How long did your overseas shipment take? Every delivery I get is directly given to my apartment office and since I didn't get a tracking number, I have no idea what the time frame on this is. My apartment management is full of heinous troglodytes, and I want to avoid contact with them if at all possible unless my stuff is possibly there.

So according to Banquet, the clear copies are definitely a US import (meaning they were pressed here in the US) into the UK. So why the $40 (now a sneaky $70) price tag SRC?

When I bought my original TCR copy I had to pay postage to Australia from the US, it cost me $25 ppd.

Clearly SRC, and obviously many other record stores are trying to get in on the flipping game and that's ridiculous. People need to stand up against this kind of bullshit. 

and this is why i will never support SRC again and hate that they run this board. records pressed in the US but they still charge out the ass just cause they can.

smh.

How dare they charge what people will pay!

A cursory glance at eBay would reveal that "people will pay" close to $400 for Deja. Under your logic, SRC could set a $300+ price-tag on a repress of Deja and no one would be in a position to complain. Do you even proofread some of the shit you type?

A cursory glance at eBay would reveal that "people will pay" close to $400 for Deja. Under your logic, SRC could set a $300+ price-tag on a repress of Deja...

If they could sell the same number of records at $300 they would be stupid not to charge that much. And people would be stupid for paying.

position to complain.

It appears that no matter the position, people are going to complain.

SRC may have had their fair share of fuckups with the way they've handled certain things, but please keep in mind, they're not some company run by industry veterans with vast personal knowledge and experience with how things were commonly done back in the golden age of the recording industry. They're enthusiasts who came to appreciate the format well after it ceased to be something appreciated by or made available to the mainstream. It's a bit of a learning process for sure but they're doing what they can to support the format. If you are genuinely interested in seeing records survive as a viable release format for another 125 years, you may want to reconsider stopping your support for them entirely. They're not some huge faceless corporation, and a little kind feedback would probably go a long way further than you might expect. It's not like they don't want to give customers what they want or do the best they can.

SRC may have had their fair share of fuckups with the way they've handled certain things, but please keep in mind, they're not some company run by industry veterans with vast personal knowledge and experience with how things were commonly done back in the golden age of the recording industry. They're enthusiasts who came to appreciate the format well after it ceased to be something appreciated by or made available to the mainstream. It's a bit of a learning process for sure but they're doing what they can to support the format. If you are genuinely interested in seeing records survive as a viable release format for another 125 years, you may want to reconsider stopping your support for them entirely. They're not some huge faceless corporation, and a little kind feedback would probably go a long way further than you might expect. It's not like they don't want to give customers what they want or do the best they can.

If they were enthusiasts that appreciated the format, they would sell records cheaper than they are.

They are entrepreneurs that found a niche to capitalize on.

Everyone is an entrepreneur these days, everyone is looking for that one thing they can make extra bank on. I'm not saying that I agree with pricing or any of the shady things they've been doing. But I don't think they deserve all the slack they've been getting either. 

However, this is also the only release I've had to deal with them for so far and my experience has been relatively pleasant. 

Yes SRCs prices are high but they have been pressing a lot of awesome albums on wax. Normally if you wait it out on hot topic or even their own site they end up having awesome sales where you can get these things on the cheap. Plus I have yet to be let down by the quality of an SRC release, both in sound quality and packaging. These guys really do put forth effort to make a package that is well done. I wasn't around on the board before they took over but I really haven't seen anything worthy of all the complaints about them that most of you guys seem to have. Their customer service has always been great, products are solid and they seem to leave us alone to do our thing on the board for the most part. Even when they got pulled in with MTS they were awesome with refunds and making sure everything was sorted out and when it was finally released even gave discounts to people who previously ordered from MTS even though they had absolutely no reason too.