Brand New - TDAGARIM repress in 11/4

futre

I've listened to them since high school when Your Favorite Weapon came out.  I do not however give a shit about any of their personal lives or opinions on the world, so no I am unfamiliar with how they feel about music.  If they have some sort of opposite world stance where they don't want people to hear their music then they should stop releasing it and just go on with sniffing their own farts.

jesse has said himself that he's totally in favor of their music being illegally downloaded. buying bootlegs should be no different.

There is a huge difference between encouraging people to illegally download music and being ok with them paying money to someone else in order to get it.

Since when does MOV make bootlegs?  Pretty sure they probably paid for the license to this.  If Brand New has recouped the labels costs for this release then they will most likely get paid for this.

Since when does MOV make bootlegs?  Pretty sure they probably paid for the license to this.  If Brand New has recouped the labels costs for this release then they will most likely get paid for this.

I wasn't the one to first call it a bootleg, but even so, there are "authorized bootlegs" where the band maybe doesn't want it pressed but the label doesn't care. 

There is no such thing as an "authorized bootleg".  It's a term that Matt from Animal Style made up and then Chris from No Sleep and the 6131 dude started throwing it around.  A bootleg is something that is "made, distributed, or sold illegally", getting authorization from the person that owns the rights makes it not a bootleg.  Is it cool when the band members sign off on things?  Sure.  But it's not required and nobody should feel guilty for buying this.

I don't ask Walmart permission to use my toilet paper every time I wipe my ass. They sold it to me, it's my right to do what I want with it. In fact, I'd be stupid to not make the most of my investment and get as much use out of it as I can.

You can't sell your product, or music, to someone an not expect them to want to then use it as they please. Coughfinchcough.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a straight up bootleg. Brand New is big enough to be bootlegged and all good bootlegs come from Europe. 

Also authorized bootleg is so fucking stupid just like the people who came up with the term.

About Music On Vinyl

Music On Vinyl is a vinyl only record label that releases high quality 180g LP and 7" vinyl pressings of titles licensed from a wide range of record companies and artists who control their own repertoire.

These are both re-issues of classic titles, or a simultaneous vinyl release to compliment a CD/DVD release, all marketed under the Music On Vinyl brand, which vinyl lovers worldwide recognize as a trusted name providing a superb LP vinyl product.

As for our sources; We are provided with the best possible (analogue) masters available. On top of that, our sound engineer has over 35 years of experience in cutting and mastering records for (major) labels.

this thread gives me a fucking headache... I don't know if it's the lurkers coming out of the woodwork, the idea that POZ is drawing more attention to the boards, or the fact that if this doesn't actually happen there is gonna be another 100 page thread about how pissed everyone is about buying a record that there is absolutely no hard info on and the people posting in the thread will all have under 50 posts.