Brand New - TDAGARIM repress in 11/4

futre

This is the first record I've ever ordered that took that many days to ship after the label was printed, I'd love to know what label/distro/company you guys order from that makes you say this is common :P

(Been ordering online for about 7 years)

For me, it happens often from No Sleep Records (two days to ship after confirmation usually). Other times it has happened from Interpunk, RevHQ, Amazon, eBay sellers (private sellers and storefronts, albeit expected), Topshelf Records, band DIY webstores.

It never takes more than a couple days for the stuff to show up as shipped with the tracking, but maybe I'm alone in my record ordering complications.  :(

Thanks, Shelbs. I'm glad someone else agrees. :)

Allthatisheavy.com mailed my record out literally 8 hours after I ordered it. I ordered at 1 a.m. they mailed it at 9 a.m.

edit: I guess I am not thinking about the difference in how many orders each place receives. I just know they were swift, and appreciate my business more.

For me, it happens often from No Sleep Records (two days to ship after confirmation usually). Other times it has happened from Interpunk, RevHQ, Amazon, eBay sellers (private sellers and storefronts, albeit expected), Topshelf Records, band DIY webstores.

It never takes more than a couple days for the stuff to show up as shipped with the tracking, but maybe I'm alone in my record ordering complications.  :(

I'm guessing you said that before finding out it was 5 days. I feel like mine took even more than that. 2 days is normal, 5 is not. That's an entire work week.

Edit: haha mine took 6 days.

7276cbc53816360575c2994252df7ec9.png

I'm guessing you said that before finding out it was 5 days. I feel like mine took even more than that. 2 days is normal, 5 is not. That's an entire work week.

Edit: haha mine took 6 days.

7276cbc53816360575c2994252df7ec9.png

Mine actually looks the exact same as Shelby's but they said it was "sent out" on the 13th, though it wasn't accepted at the sort facility until the 14th. So...Y'know. "Shit happens"

Like I said, 2 days, I wouldn't complain, even 4 days I would have been fine with. But this kind of shit^^ is a little bit ridiculous.

Mine actually looks the exact same as Shelby's but they said it was "sent out" on the 13th, though it wasn't accepted at the sort facility until the 14th. So...Y'know. "Shit happens"

Like I said, 2 days, I wouldn't complain, even 4 days I would have been fine with. But this kind of shit^^ is a little bit ridiculous.

Maybe all of them got sick at the same time :rolleyes:

At this point, I think I'm just glad I'm not much of a Brand New fan.

Yeah. Honestly I bought this because I hoped spinning it would get me more into it and show me what everyone else sees. Even put it on my phone (my phone space is precious ;) ) to listen in the car. Still only care for the first 5 songs, just like I did when the record first came out.

Yeah. Honestly I bought this because I hoped spinning it would get me more into it and show me what everyone else sees. Even put it on my phone (my phone space is precious ;) ) to listen in the car. Still only care for the first 5 songs, just like I did when the record first came out.

Ha! Shelby, stop being me.

I've had one thing floating around in my head since this repress was announced. Particularly about the seafoam green variant.

Doesn't the vinyl being colored almost defeat the purpose of it being 180g? In terms of audiophile hi-fidelity?

Vinyl weight has a negligible effect on sound quality. So I'd say no.

Edit: Some clarification.

Heavier vinyl weights are to make the record seem more solid, less easy to warp, break or bend. It's more an aesthetic choice than a sound quality choice.

If the mastering,and plates/lacquers used to make different weights of records are the same, they should sound the same even on different weights of vinyl.

If the colored pellets used are "virgin vinyl" colored vinyl really shouldn't sound that much worse than any black vinyl.

Virgin vinyl means that there are no fillers/recycled vinyl used in the production of the records.

Interpunk? I've actually found them to be the most reliable seller next to Amazon if you have Prime. Everytime I've ordered from Interpunk, my order is usually packaged and mailed out the same day, and received within a few days. Always a satisfied customer through them. 

I agree, Shelby. I edited the above post and I'm quoting myself so people don't have to go back a couple posts to read a little clarification, this isn't a snarky response to you, promise!

Vinyl weight has a negligible effect on sound quality. So I'd say no.

Edit: Some clarification.

Heavier vinyl weights are to make the record seem more solid, less easy to warp, break or bend. It's more an aesthetic choice than a sound quality choice.

If the mastering,and plates/lacquers used to make different weights of records are the same, they should sound the same even on different weights of vinyl. (they probably were in this case.)

If the colored pellets used are "virgin vinyl" colored vinyl really shouldn't sound that much worse than any black vinyl.

Virgin vinyl means that there are no fillers/recycled vinyl used in the production of the records.

Bunch of crybabies in this thread. Your shit will show up when it shows up. BE PATIENT.

I don't even bother checking tracking numbers. The USPS is fucked and those numbers mean next to nothing. I wait a month and if it hasn't shown up, I'll look into it.

Simple.

Bunch of crybabies in this thread. Your shit will show up when it shows up. BE PATIENT.

I don't even bother checking tracking numbers. The USPS is fucked and those numbers mean next to nothing. I wait a month and if it hasn't shown up, I'll look into it.

Simple.

Well, I know never to order anything from Mind Over Matter now.

Great. I guess that's one of the disadvantages of not living in the continental US. I was just saying that it seems unnecessary for them to send out shipping confirmations when the shipment doesn't go out until two days later. Maybe if you don't want your records to take a month to get to you, you should move, yeah?

Soooooorry to take up so much of your precious time with my question regarding this order. I'm not one of those guys that is constantly questioning where my order is in every thread, but this has seemed a little bit ridiculous to me.

Also, suck my dick, dude. I'm allowed to ask a fucking question.

You try to print, pack, and ship hundreds of orders in one day.  Not going to happen.  Do you guys just sit around your computer all day checking your tracking information for any movement?  Go do something else, it'll get to you shortly.  My point isn't because I wait, everyone should have to too.  It's that you guys complain about the most absurd things.  If anything, go complain to the label instead of posting in threads like it's your diary.

Totally going to move because shipping takes forever in Hawaii.  Let's disregard the fact that we as a state live the longest, healthiest, and happiest than any other state.  You got me there.

You try to print, pack, and ship hundreds of orders in one day.  Not going to happen.  Do you guys just sit around your computer all day checking your tracking information for any movement?  Go do something else, it'll get to you shortly.  My point isn't because I wait, everyone should have to too.  It's that you guys complain about the most absurd things.  Go complain to the label.

Totally going to move because shipping takes forever in Hawaii.  Let's disregard the fact that we as a state live the longest, healthiest, and happiest than any other state.  You got me there.

What about doing it in less than 6 days? Shelby and I both waited 6 days between our shipping confirmation and it actually going to the post office.

I was just pointing out that you bitching about us bitching, just because you wait forever for your records is pointless unless you want to do something about it. Boy, sure goes both ways as far as complaining to the internet goes, eh?

For the record, I did email them politely asking what was up and they had no good explanation.