Brand New - TDAGARIM repress in 11/4

futre

Music Record Shop has put up a new PO for the album. This time, they don't mention anything about color, limited hand numbered edition, etc. Looks like they're fresh out of the red and starting to PO for the black. Here's the link: http://www.musicrecordshop.com/Brand-New-Raging-Inside-PRE-ORDER/dp/B00F5CCCI6

I ordered from recordshopx (it cost me £40) and on my order page it says:

"Brand New: The devil and god are raging inside me

Release date: 8.11.

180 gram audiophile repress, printed innersleeves. LIMITED EDITION OF 666 PCS ON NUMBERED RED MARBLED VINYL."

The manager of recordshopx just confirmed that they'll definitely get some copies of the red marbled variant, only a few left for preordering at this point..

The manager of recordshopx just confirmed that they'll definitely get some copies of the red marbled variant, only a few left for preordering at this point..

I guess I got lucky then. Hopefully they'll put the price down for people buying the black version, I'd feel kinda pissed off paying that much for the (I presume) unlimited version they'll be pressing.

So are people only into this record due to the color of the wax? Id never heard of these guys until i joined the boards. Alot of people were talking them up so i figured what the hell, downloaded this and deja and dug it. Figured id buy copy at some point so i could spin it on my table.

I guess my question is, and all joking aside, is this record something people actually enjoy listening to, or is owning a copy more like a status symbol for people?

So are people only into this record due to the color of the wax? Id never heard of these guys until i joined the boards. Alot of people were talking them up so i figured what the hell, downloaded this and deja and dug it. Figured id buy copy at some point so i could spin it on my table.

I guess my question is, and all joking aside, is this record something people actually enjoy listening to, or is owning a copy more like a status symbol for people?

Both, but the segment of people buying it as a status symbol outweighs.

I thought this was a unofficial release. I don't know, i can't keep up with this shit lol.

What exactly is there to keep up with? MoV a reputable label from Europe licensed this album to press. Just because the band doesn't have anything to do with it doesn't make it unofficial....

I personally think it's bullshit that the band doesn't need to have a say, but that's what you lose when you sign to the larger labels.

As per flipping, if you're buying more than one copy and have no intentions of giving / selling to someone at the price you bought it for, you're flipping.  I don't think flipping is always wrong though.

As per TDAG - the ebay prices keep dropping, I'm so excited!

I will just paste what Flood mentioned about bootlegs in the Handsome thread as it particularly also relates to this here since people are now claiming that it's a bootleg.

"A bootleg by its very definition is an illegal product created without the copyright holders permission. Look at the back of the records... the band does not own those copyrights. They signed a contract, as essentially work for hire, and under those contracts created an album for the label to exploit for profit. Its how most jobs work. You receive compensation in return for creating a service or product. Most of these major label  "reissues" are simply marketing deals, and the release was produced in a limited quantity especially for a specific retailer to sell."