Brand New - TDAGARIM repress in 11/4

futre

It could be an authorized bootleg ;)

Already so sick of this joke. It has been said like 20 times in this thread.

I believe Bob Dylan has several official Bootlegs as well.

Sometimes words go beyond their original definition, and some times titles are the opposite of you want them to be.

But bands have sold official bootlegs before.

But they aren't actually bootlegs...

Already so sick of this joke. It has been said like 20 times in this thread.

But they aren't actually bootlegs...

Maybe not by your definition of bootleg.  But by other peoples/bands definition there is official bootleg records.

(but on the actual topic these Brand New records are far from bootlegs.)

Maybe not by your definition of bootleg. But by other peoples/bands definition there is official bootleg records.

(but on the actual topic these Brand New records are far from bootlegs.)

Bootleg, by definition, would mean it is illegal. They are just releasing records that "look" like bootlegs and are calling them that. But fuck it, now this thread is turning into a discussion about what is and isn't a bootleg. Sorry dudes.

Bootleg, by definition, would mean it is illegal. They are just releasing records that "look" like bootlegs and are calling them that. But fuck it, now this thread is turning into a discussion about what is and isn't a bootleg. Sorry dudes.

Your wording "Fuck It" by definition wouldnt that mean to have sex with it?  However, people now use that term for more/other things.  Language evolves.

Your wording "Fuck It" by definition wouldnt that mean to have sex with it? However, people now use that term for more/other things. Language evolves.

Haha...is the term "fuck it" in the dictionary? So what makes an authorized bootleg? Just calling it that? How is it a bootleg if it is done officially or legally?

Oh and here -

Fuck:

used alone or as a noun ( the fuck ) or a verb in various phrases to express anger, annoyance, contempt, impatience, or surprise, or simply for emphasis.

Vs.

Bootleg:

(esp. of liquor, computer software, or recordings) made, distributed, or sold ILLEGALLY.

Have fun with your "authorized bootlegs," whatever the hell those may be.

Everyone who looks up ACB should definitely listen to some of every album. They're all great in different ways and could appeal to different people's taste in music.

This bootleg argument, though. I stopped reading 50 pages ago. It's happening. Wether it's a bootleg or authorized bootleg or Jesse Lacey shit it out himself.

I listened to 18 min? of the ACB suggested here and I thought it was pretty good.

Same, will definitely throw it on the iPod.  Hell or High Water is dope.  

I've tried to get into Brand New multiple times and couldn't do it.  ACB suits my taste much better.

Same, will definitely throw it on the iPod. Hell or High Water is dope. I've tried to get into Brand New multiple times and couldn't do it. ACB suits my taste much better.

Come now, sleep and hell or high water are both baller ass albums. SILYAYD was literally a completely different monster, very religiously driven lyrics. Then the lead singer left, cody took over and started questioning religion and his stance on it. So CNS was a period in his life where he started to think for himself and not allow the church to do so for him anymore. Then HoHW, he came to terms with the fact that he wasn't the same person or had the same views as he did as an 18-20 year old man. So in a sense I hate when people say they're a religious band when they were only clearly one for their first album...

I hope there is a Test Press version that is limited to 100 copies.

Becuase evidently Test Press is a term like Bootleg that means different things to different people.

Oh man I was gonna like this, but I filled up today's like quota on posts from people who actually know what bootlegs are. Hahah

This. This is spot on.

Becuase evidently Test Press is a term like Bootleg that means different things to different people.

Sarcasm or not, this is legit. A test press /100 - especially if the majority of the copies haven't been "tested" or played - is a joke, and more like a limited variant than an actual test press. Just my opinion though.

Test press - a record used to test the sound quality before you press more records. One test press or a hundred, they are still the same thing. Unlike bootlegs and "authorized" bootlegs. I don't see what you are getting at.

Plus I couldn't care less about test presses.

Test press - a record used to test the sound quality before you press more records. One test press or a hundred, they are still the same thing. Unlike bootlegs and "authorized" bootlegs. I don't see what you are getting at.

Plus I couldn't care less about test presses.

All he's saying is that labels pressing 100 "test presses" might as well just be a normal variant /100.

If they're not actually used by the label as a "test" for the actual release it's not the same thing.

Sarcasm or not, this is legit. A test press /100 - especially if the majority of the copies haven't been "tested" or played - is a joke, and more like a limited variant than an actual test press. Just my opinion though.

Exactly. I just consider them to be a variant at that point. They're banking on the collectibility of actual scarce test pressings that were actually made for, you know. Testing purposes.

There is no record that ever got more than 15 TPs. Ever. Even that number is insanely high.