Grateful Dead - Sunshine Daydream (4xLP, Venta Or. 1972)

chaps

My only gripe about this release is that if you want a copy of the film, you have to buy the DVD or Blu-Ray set with the CDs for $50+ and then $70+ again for the vinyl version.

For a retail price of $79.99, they could throw in a DVD copy of the film, at LEAST.

I will probably get the Blu-Ray/CD set, and just wait on the vinyl until the price goes down.

My only gripe about this release is that if you want a copy of the film, you have to buy the DVD or Blu-Ray set with the CDs for $50+ and then $70+ again for the vinyl version.

For a retail price of $79.99, they could throw in a DVD copy of the film, at LEAST.

I will probably get the Blu-Ray/CD set, and just wait on the vinyl until the price goes down.

To be honest man they are only pressing 5,000 some releases last for a bit and go down a few bucks, but this show is so hot it will probably sell it fairly quickly.

Limited Dead CDs usually sell for $$. Sadly I'm just getting int them in the last year so my collection is fairly small but growing.

To be honest man they are only pressing 5,000 some releases last for a bit and go down a few bucks, but this show is so hot it will probably sell it fairly quickly.

Limited Dead CDs usually sell for $$. Sadly I'm just getting int them in the last year so my collection is fairly small but growing.

But. Hear ya, an mp3 download and copy of the show would be nice at that price point. Thankfully the vinyl is always top notch.

Yeah, I know I may be taking a "risk" of missing the vinyl set by waiting, but I REALLY want the Blu-Ray. I saw it in the Movie Theater and loved it, but I just can't afford to get the Blu-Ray/CD for $50+ and then spend $70 on top of that to get the same exact material.

The cost would have been minimal for the label to add the DVD version to the vinyl set, but I am assuming they want the fans to "Double Dip."

If the vinyl kicks around for a couple months and I see it in a store for a good price, they may get the extra out of me ....eventually :P

Yeah, I know I may be taking a "risk" of missing the vinyl set by waiting, but I REALLY want the Blu-Ray. I saw it in the Movie Theater and loved it, but I just can't afford to get the Blu-Ray/CD for $50+ and then spend $70 on top of that to get the same exact material.

The cost would have been minimal for the label to add the DVD version to the vinyl set, but I am assuming they want the fans to "Double Dip."

If the vinyl kicks around for a couple months and I see it in a store for a good price, they may get the extra out of me ....eventually :P

That's awesome man, yeah I hear you. I actually missed the movie theater showing. But the preview the footage looked very,very shaky and I get motion sickness super easy. 

But it was really good? I really don't wanna plop down more for the DVD / blueray either... 

I'll let you know how the vinyl package is. 

That's awesome man, yeah I hear you. I actually missed the movie theater showing. But the preview the footage looked very,very shaky and I get motion sickness super easy.

Yeah, it might have been best for you to have skipped the theater screening. My wife gets motion sickness really easily as well, and she had a hard time keeping her eyes on the movie without her equilibrium getting messed up.

But, watching it on TV might be better.

But it was really good? I really don't wanna plop down more for the DVD / blueray either...

That might be subjective. It was a very amateur job, but the focus was done well. The person that made it was a huge "fan" and built makeshift platforms with logs and brought a few 16mm film cameras and as much film as he could afford. The movie was very earthy and real to me, and I really liked it's charm.

But if you go into it wanting something very professional looking, you may be disappointed.

You might like "The Grateful Dead Movie" better.

I personally LOVED the Veneta performance. 30 minute "Dark Star" :D

I'll let you know how the vinyl package is.

Please do! As with the CD version, you get the whole show. It got too dark to film after "Sing Me Back Home."

I am just feeling the pain after buying the Dicks Picks Box sets. They are BEAUTIFUL, but expensive. I have to pace myself ;)

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...