***MYLENE SHEATH Forums!***...+more! (Post-Rock; Caspian, GFE, ITTCT, Giants)

Hey guys!!

So I just wanted to toss the word out there... The Mylene Sheath is looking to really turn it up a notch on their forums in the coming weeks!! Not to mention many, many more great things to come!!

24.png?a=1114516175560

For those of you who may only frequent the Vinyl Collective forums... I'd say: ADD THIS ONE TO YOUR BOOKMARKS AS WELL!!

FORUMS: http://www.mylenesheath.com/phpBB3/

ALSO

There is a lot of great news in the works!

- A preorder DROPPED!!

- The return of the Mylene 'Zine

- "...and plenty of represses from long sold-out vinyl releases :)"

Check out more information via the September 2013 Newsletter

If you haven't been on these forums in a while or you simply haven't heard of this label before, I'd highly, HIGHLY advise jumping on-board before the goods start sneaking past ya!!

AND IT'S NOT ALL GOODS! There are some fun threads and really solid folks floating around those forums. A few of you will read this I'm sure :D

Hope to see some of you over there as well!! CHEERS!!

PS - Feel free to liven up this thread with some Sheath stories? Some Sheath snags? Some wants? Lay it down on here and let's pump up a label of truly hard-working individuals with a collection of some of the finest musicians out there!! ...Not to mention some of the most beautiful vinyl releases out there!!

i made 2 orders with them a few years ago and only got 1 that was the last time i used their site.

Hmmm, I've never had ANY issues. All of my orders have arrived and every time I've contacted them it's been prompt. That could/should have been easily resolved.

Did you contact them?

it took me 5 weeks to get i caspian record from there (it was not a pre order), I contacted them and they said they were swamped because of the pelican 7" pre order.... Well mylene I ordered mine well before the shipping date on the pelican pre order.

Overall, this has been my own experience with them they are slow, they overcharge for the shipping ($4.60 for a single LP WTF?) then the funniest part is the shipping label says $2.73, and there is more but....

**two people run the sheath, and they sell out almost every single thing they put out, AND they over charge for shipping, I'd think that MAYBE with all that money they hire some people to make things I little smoother over there.

been ordering from them since 2008, and I've never had a single issue. not even a bent corner. most people don't have to pay more to ship their album than it costs, so a difference in shipping cost of a few dollars for me is nothing. especially when it's packed well, comes with stickers and thank you notes. sheath rules. but still, don't need to go on another board to talk about releases that will be up on here just as quickly.

I've been getting stuff from Sheath since The Four Trees first came out, and it's always been a solid experience. Keep in mind, that Pelican 7" was the largest single pressing they've ever done, and with the delay, I'm sure it one of the most hectic releases they've had to work through. I ordered a couple other 7"s with it, and there was a mixup with what I received. I emailed them, they told me to keep the extra, and had the 7" I ordered in my hands within three days. I always appreciate the hand-written thank you notes; I even have a Christmas card from these guys. While I may not dig everything they put out, they've always done a bang-up job.

And to OP, I'm all about simplicity. I find out everything I need to know through their emails, so there's no real incentive to start up on another board.