PO: Black Hearted Brother (riyl Slowdive, "fuzz pedals)

dreamwolf

Ordered!

Hey kids, Neil Halstead is one of the forefathers to a lot of that stuff you're listening to now. Listen to every Slowdive album and then buy this, get schooled in some shoegaze and then impress your friends.

amen.

not to mention, he's an amazing singer / songwriter.  check out palindrome hunches, beautiful record.

Ordered!

Hey kids, Neil Halstead is one of the forefathers to a lot of that stuff you're listening to now. Listen to every Slowdive album and then buy this, get schooled in some shoegaze and then impress your friends.

Agreed. It's too bad Slowdive didn't get the recognition they deserved while they were around.

amen.

not to mention, he's an amazing singer / songwriter.  check out palindrome hunches, beautiful record.

Palindrome Hunches is his best solo work yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Got this in the mail today. It's definitely not a shoegazer album. I Don't Mean to Wonder is not indicative of the overall album's sound. It's nothing compared to Slowdive which was far more about controlled feedback and loud.

That said, it's a good album. More space rock than anything. Dancey at times. It'll be a grower for me.

Received my copy today, props to Slumberland for getting these out to people a week before the release date. I agree with the statement above that this isn't a shoegaze album, but it does have a couple tracks besides "I Don't Mean to Wonder" that have shoegaze elements. I like how varied this album is, each track sounds quite a bit different from the previous one. It's nice to hear Neil making experimental music again.