PO: Mansions - Doom Loop

Rip

• 3 weeks later...

hmmmm...this is going to have to be a grower. far, far less immediate than you'd expect based on climbers. album is more like flowers in my teeth than climbers. lots of weird vocal effects and layering and stuff like that. choruses aren't as big as i'm used to for them...this is going to be an interesting one.

hmmmm...this is going to have to be a grower. far, far less immediate than you'd expect based on climbers. album is more like flowers in my teeth than climbers. lots of weird vocal effects and layering and stuff like that. choruses aren't as big as i'm used to for them...this is going to be an interesting one.

Is there a full stream somewhere or just the two songs they've released?

He probably got a review copy.

Yup.

I've listened a few more times and it's growing on me, but not making the impact of Dig Up The Dead at all yet. It's definitely good but it's not hitting those stratospheric levels that I expected it to hit after the last one and Climbers. It's a very different sort of album again for him.

• 2 weeks later...

I dig both of the songs that have been released so far. Really looking forward to hearing the rest of the album. I didn't really have any expectations for this album. I think it's kinda silly to expect an album to be an AOTY contender before you even hear it simply because you really like the band's past works.

thoughts? this one kind of breaks up the best three song stretch on the album, imo. definitely decent though. weaker than most of DUTD which really disappoints me. almost definitely not a top ten album for me this year.

This makes me sad because I know how much you were looking forward to this.

Me on the other hand, I love this. Love everything I've heard so far. I don't expect anything to be as good as "New Best Friends," so I'm always happy with new Mansions no matter what :).

This makes me sad because I know how much you were looking forward to this.

Me on the other hand, I love this. Love everything I've heard so far. I don't expect anything to be as good as "New Best Friends," so I'm always happy with new Mansions no matter what :).

I personally think that Dig Up The Dead was an enormous leap from New Best Friends, and New Best Friends is already fantastic.

I mean this definitely isn't a bad album. Probably a high B/low B+ for me right now. But there's been so many good records this year that I wouldn't be surprised if this is pushed out of my top 25.

Climbers and The Economist are the two best ones on here and two of their best tracks. Hoping to get my review up before release, hopefully. But with me who knows?

They just posted this on Facebook.

Preorder people: we've found out that there were some mix-ups with the merch that will prevent some of the preorders from going out on time. If you just ordered the vinyl, that should be ok, but if you ordered a package prepare for a potential delay. We are incredibly bummed and sorry. You'll still get your download code emailed to you bright and early on Tuesday. We will keep you updated as we find out more.

I personally think that Dig Up The Dead was an enormous leap from New Best Friends, and New Best Friends is already fantastic.

I mean this definitely isn't a bad album. Probably a high B/low B+ for me right now. But there's been so many good records this year that I wouldn't be surprised if this is pushed out of my top 25.

Climbers and The Economist are the two best ones on here and two of their best tracks. Hoping to get my review up before release, hopefully. But with me who knows?

Yup, that's not happening. Probably thanksgiving weekend, I have five papers, two exams, and two presentations the next two weeks.