PO: Mansions - Doom Loop

Rip

Do yourself a favor and skim through the bands that've sessioned with them. If anyone ever has 50 minutes to kill, I urge you to watch the Caspian session. It's incredible. 

Agreed, the Caspian one is fantastic. I also really loved the Into it. Over it, this was the first one I had seen. Super good quality and the hosts are pretty funny dudes.

Do yourself a favor and skim through the bands that've sessioned with them. If anyone ever has 50 minutes to kill, I urge you to watch the Caspian session. It's incredible.

I'll be checking out he caspian one today. Thanks for the rec

My favorite audiotree sessions thus far are:

Middle class rut (seriously awesome, a must watch)

Kevin Devine

The dear hunter

From Indian lakes

Hrvrd

That's the one I'm trying to go to. Sucks that they never come through southern Ohio.

Very cool man!  You'll have to try and meet up with thispartysucks128 and I!  We'll be trying our hardest to go.

But yeah... Cleveland is about the closest place to see decent shows for us.  It's about an hour and a half drive or so, but eh, could be worse.  I'm just glad they're coming that close after being disappointed that they didn't even come to Ohio on their last tour.

Ashamed to say the first time I ever heard of Mansions, or at least acknowledges them was earlier today when I heard they were touring with La Dispute and PBTT both of who I love.

So I head to spotify and don't expect much after seeing some 'band' photos (just assumed it would be some weird she and him type nonsense. Sorry to any she and him fans) Holy shit have I been missing out! I must have listened to 'doom loop' 5 times in a row. Just ordered the vinyl from Clifton motel. So damn good! Even more stoked for the La dispute tour now and didn't think that would be possible.

Ashamed to say the first time I ever heard of Mansions, or at least acknowledges them was earlier today when I heard they were touring with La Dispute and PBTT both of who I love.

So I head to spotify and don't expect much after seeing some 'band' photos (just assumed it would be some weird she and him type nonsense. Sorry to any she and him fans) Holy shit have I been missing out! I must have listened to 'doom loop' 5 times in a row. Just ordered the vinyl from Clifton motel. So damn good! Even more stoked for the La dispute tour now and didn't think that would be possible.

Listen to Dig Up The Dead, in my opinion it's so much better than this and one of my favorites of all time.

also if you're northern VA/DC which show are you going to?

Very cool man!  You'll have to try and meet up with thispartysucks128 and I!  We'll be trying our hardest to go.

But yeah... Cleveland is about the closest place to see decent shows for us.  It's about an hour and a half drive or so, but eh, could be worse.  I'm just glad they're coming that close after being disappointed that they didn't even come to Ohio on their last tour.

Hell yeah, if I can get my butt up there I'd love to meet up. It's at least a 3 hour drive for me. Last time I was up there was for that B&C Title Fight tour.

Hell yeah. Exciting to see this tour is already bringing them some deserved attention.

Listen to Dig Up The Dead, in my opinion it's so much better than this and one of my favorites of all time.

also if you're northern VA/DC which show are you going to?

Yeah I've been listening to Dig Up The Dead and loving the hell out of it as well. I'm bummed out that the vinyl is oop though. Any one have an extra copy they would be willing to sell me for a decent price? :)

I'm hoping they add a DC, Baltimore or Richmond date. If not ill try and hit the Philly show, maybe even make the trek to OH. I've got friends that I can crash with that are about half an hour away from the grog and tankard (I think). Haha I need to check again, but I'm assuming they're fairly close as they're always talking about going to shows there.

I'm not that into Doom Loop. It's not a bad record, it just doesn't compare to Dig or even Best Friends. I bought all versions of Dig Up The Dead when it came out. I felt crazy at the time buying 4 copies of the same record. Sold one for near cost a few months ago and another for a hell of a lot more. Keeping my pink and white copies. It is by far their best record out of the three. I hope they repress it so more people can spin it.

I'm not that into Doom Loop. It's not a bad record, it just doesn't compare to Dig or even Best Friends. I bought all versions of Dig Up The Dead when it came out. I felt crazy at the time buying 4 copies of the same record. Sold one for near cost a few months ago and another for a hell of a lot more. Keeping my pink and white copies. It is by far their best record out of the three. I hope they repress it so more people can spin it.

I'm pretty sure you were the one who sold me that copy for near cost a few months back!!!

They've been planning to repress DUTD for a while now I think. Would make a LOT of sense to get it done in time for this tour.

Thanks for the heads up. Ill just wait until it gets repressed instead of paying the $50 or more they seem to be going for on ebay. I guess discogs isn't the be all end all. They only have the white version of 'dig up the dead' as the only version of vinyl that was released.

That's the only problem with discovering new bands that are good. You want all the vinyl and you want it now. I need New Best Friends now too haha.

Yeah I've been listening to Dig Up The Dead and loving the hell out of it as well. I'm bummed out that the vinyl is oop though. Any one have an extra copy they would be willing to sell me for a decent price? :)

I'm hoping they add a DC, Baltimore or Richmond date. If not ill try and hit the Philly show, maybe even make the trek to OH. I've got friends that I can crash with that are about half an hour away from the grog and tankard (I think). Haha I need to check again, but I'm assuming they're fairly close as they're always talking about going to shows there.

I'm assuming that Mansions will do a date before the tour at Jammin Java (as they've played there four times in the past two years), and Pianos will probably do an album release show that'll be announced as soon as the album is announced.

I really wish I had started collecting when it first came out, I'd love a pink copy. Have a red/white swirl, if they have both white and red at the show in December I'll buy them both and see if I can ever find a pink. I have everything else Mansions has done.

I'm assuming that Mansions will do a date before the tour at Jammin Java (as they've played there four times in the past two years), and Pianos will probably do an album release show that'll be announced as soon as the album is announced.

That would be great. jammin Java is such a cool place to see a band. If that happens consider me there.

That would be great. jammin Java is such a cool place to see a band. If that happens consider me there.

So many great shows there, though it's been a while since I've been there. Mansions with the Front Bottoms was a great show, Mansions with IIOI and Ace Enders...missed their show with AGBPOL and Young Statues though, which may have been the best.