Heavenly Beat-"Prominence" (riyl Washed Out, Kisses, Neon Indian, Toro y Moi)

dreamwolf

Heavenly Beat is soon to release, "Prominence." His second LP via Captured Tracks. Get to know him through this "Test Press" link. 

http://capturedtracks.com/news/test-press-john-pena-of-heavenly-beat/

I got a chance to listen through, "Prominence" and it's a bit more mature than his last LP, "Talent." There's a subtle danceability with his music. Very nice and light. Simple indie-dance-drummachine-with nice dream pop esque chatter style vocals. 

There's a very modern feel to Heavenly Beats music. It's one of those bands where either you like it from the first time you hit play or you don't. No room for, "It had to grow on me." It's just good pop music. 

If you're into chillwave-esque pop minus the lo-fi fuzz or are just wanting something more clean and clear with that indie dance pop edge this may be the album for you. 

New Album: https://soundcloud.com/capturedtracks/complete

From "Talent" Album (Still Pink Colored Vinyl Floating Around the Internet For Cheap)

In all honesty Heavenly Beat is a indie pop gem that you'll most likely enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Wait so they all are on white???

Probably limited white then on black after. Similar to what they did with Minks.

I just got both this and Widowspeak streams in my inbox, I'll check them out and see how they are before I order. Widowspeak is more intriguing to me. Great price for both though.

• 4 weeks later...

Heavenly Beat is good! But I can only listen to like 4-5 songs before I get worn out...they get a little too "similar" and start to "blend" so they are much better as a band that you throw a few of their songs onto a great mix tape!

I agree. This album just  sounds like the same song on repeat.

• 2 weeks later...

Heavenly Beat is good! But I can only listen to like 4-5 songs before I get worn out...they get a little too "similar" and start to "blend" so they are much better as a band that you throw a few of their songs onto a great mix tape!

I kind of wish they recorded the way they play live. More dynamic/organic with all the guitars and stuff. But oh well, digital home recordings these days right?