Bouncing Souls / Menzingers "Shocking" split 7" (and bs re-issues)

mclz

Can't wait for this. Looks like each band does 1 original and 1 cover.

"

There are several Bromances of note in the 20-year history of the Chunksaah family, and 2012-13 marked the blossoming of the latest between THE BOUNCING SOULS and THE MENZINGERS. We played very many shows together and became great mutual admirers— this 7” comes along about 9 months later… go figure…

"

1 Bouncing Souls - Blackout 2 Bouncing Souls - Burn After Writing 3 Menzingers - The Shakes 4 Menzingers - Kate Is Great

Looks like Chunksaah is also re-issueing their 1st two albums on vinyl, but no word on pre-order dates for any of these.

Those reissues were alluded to lightly in the OP, but I do find it interesting that the PO is up at Interpunk before even a detailed announcement was made by Chunksaah. I am happy it is happening though!

You're right. I didn't read the OP that closely.

I think the labels are shooting themselves in the foot waiting on posting stuff if other distros are going to beat them to the punch.

Chunksaah said they were going to do Good Bad Argyle back when they announced Green Ball Crew, but never said anything else about it. I guess they've sent info out to their distributors and are waiting to launch their own PO before they say anything else themselves.

I'm sure they are, and those that pay attention will wait till they announce something or put it up on their site. But how many others who don't pay attention get that email from Interpunk, pre-order immediately and then when Chunksaah puts up their own won't order because they've already bought it through someone else.

It just seems like they'd be losing a bit of business they'd keep otherwise by making their own annoucements first.

I'm sure they are, and those that pay attention will wait till they announce something or put it up on their site. But how many others who don't pay attention get that email from Interpunk, pre-order immediately and then when Chunksaah puts up their own won't order because they've already bought it through someone else.

It just seems like they'd be losing a bit of business they'd keep otherwise by making their own annoucements first.

• 1 month later...