The Killers - Direct Hits

thedillon

Doesn't seem like there is a TON of info on this release yet but it does appear there will be a regular and deluxe version.

Track Listing:

1.) Mr. Brightside

2.) Somebody Told Me

3.) Smile Like You Mean It

4.) All These Things That I've Done

5.) When You Were Young

6.) Read My Mind

7.) For Reasons Unknown

8.) Human
9.) Spaceman

10.) A Dustland Fairytale

11.) Runaways

12.) Miss Atomic Bomb

13.) The Way It Was

14.) Shot At The Night

15.) Just Another Girl

16.) Mr. Brightside (Original Demo)

17.) When You Were Young (Calvin Harris Remix)

18.) Be Still

Listen to the new single, "Shot At the Night", on their vevo channel.

Regular:

tumblr_inline_mt8c7vKBIb1qh8ap6.jpg

Deluxe:

tumblr_inline_mt8c7grHuH1qh8ap6.jpg

Love the Killers. Digging the song. 

Hating the greatest hits track list. I mean, it's all their most popular songs ... but leaving out a ton of their best songs that are also popular

That's the issue with every greatest hit record, unless you make it a 6LP set people will be pissed

Found this http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/09/listen-to-the-killers-shot-at-the-night-produced-by-m83/

Looks like it will be released on November 11th, 2013 

Best thing from that article was this:  Direct Hits will be released in standard and deluxe editions, the latter of which tacks on an original demo of “Mr. Brightside” and Calvin Harris’ remix of “When We Were Young”, as well as a documentary DVD, and five 10″ vinyl records comprising all the songs on the compilation."

Best thing from that article was this:  Direct Hits will be released in standard and deluxe editions, the latter of which tacks on an original demo of “Mr. Brightside” and Calvin Harris’ remix of “When We Were Young”, as well as a documentary DVD, and five 10″ vinyl records comprising all the songs on the compilation."

18 songs on 10 sides of vinyl? I'm sure they'll sound great and I'm gonna sound realllly lazy here but I don't want to flip a record every two songs. I will absolutely do that though, haha. 

Well you probably didn't buy their deluxe Hot Fuss LP on 10 7"s then.

I wasn't listening to vinyl when it happened but that just reminds me of Swiss Army Romance deluxe box set. I'm happy with the LP. 

That set sounds great for a huge fan but not for this guy. 

Guest crazybeats

It does say the singles will be on the vinyl so I'm guessing that means the bonus tracks wont be on the 10" records. I'm not sure how 15 songs across 10 sides is gonna work and the price they are charging for it is quite a lot.

Guest crazybeats

No one knows yet but there will be a deluxe version with the CD and DVD which is why i think the price is REALLY REALLY expensive because what you're really paying for is 5 10" records. The CD is £8.99 so what will the CD and DVD be? £14.99 at the most? I hope they press more vinyl because I'm not paying that and the only reason I'd be paying it is to get the Sam's Town songs on decent quality wax and the 2 new songs.

http://store.universal-music.co.uk/euro/the-killers-direct-hits-super-deluxe-box-set/invt/0602537557707

"The Super Deluxe Edition, exlusive to the offical store"

About $70 too expensive before shipping + they don't seem ship to the U.S.. Oh well, it was a nice thought. 

http://store.universal-music.co.uk/euro/the-killers-direct-hits-super-deluxe-box-set/invt/0602537557707

"The Super Deluxe Edition, exlusive to the offical store"

€[/size]89.99

UK only? Shipping alone will jack the price up significantly let alone pound to dollar conversion

You can order, theres a button which says like 'convert currency or location' or something. Australia didnt pop up in the initial lot of European options, but when i changed it the option to post to Australia was there. Hefty price, but I dont own their other albums on LP, so this is perfect for me. $145 posted to Australia is a bit steep, but i can see this being worth a freakin fortune one day (eg. Weeknd's Trilogy which i was 50/50 about at the time) so i dont mind paying the price. Provided the quality matches the price...