The Killers - Direct Hits

thedillon

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone else who ordered this receive the box set that wasn't completely dented in on one of the sides. The shipping box was mint condition, but the box set looks like someone dropped it and dented it in. I checked twitter and a few other sites and people are saying theirs is dented pretty bad on the corners too.

Usually I don't complain too much about dented corners, etc. But this was pretty noticeable, and for $90+ (Including shipping and tax) I would expect a pretty nicely package that looks fairly mint condition. So I emailed the company, and they said that there are no more of the Vinyl box sets, and they can refund my money. I replied back and said Ok, they then refunded my money within an hour, and sent me another email saying they have received my return package and my ticket was closed.

I do have to say, the records themselves sound fantastic.

btw. the ebay prices for this thing are getting silly. 250 bucks for this thing? Jesus...

I have heard about some being slightly damaged. Luckily mine wasn't one of them. The only "issue" i have with the set is the glue on the back came loose but it doesnt seem like it'd stick if i glued it myself because of the actual spine width being bigger then record page thingy. (sorry, don't know how to word it)

All time stupid idea when they could have easily put it on 2 LP

Yeah I agree 100%. Truth be told, it's a fantastic greatest hits, and they sound fantastic. I'm usually an album person... But everyone one of their singles is solid to great. Would have made sense to squeeze everything on to 2 LPs.

If they do, i'll dump the box set on ebay and buy the LPs.

• 4 months later...