PO: Anthony Green- Young Legs

sspeck

When Anthony plays solo shows does he only play songs from his solo albums or does he throw in some Circa songs too? I am considering going to one of his shows in November, but probably not if it's only songs from the solo stuff.

It's almost all solo stuff, but he does a few Circa songs and a cover every now and then. He plas a phenomenal show either way.

I got on the $750 VW package like you, and I feel like I definitely got my money worth. I hung out with the band backstage before one of their shows (instead of a phone call), and it was about an hour all up. Combine that with the box, handpainted vinyl etc. and there was definitely $750 worth of stuff there no matter who you ask.

That's why I feel like this $1k package is pretty ridiculous. Like you I'm a massive fan of both Anthony and the band,  but I can't even contemplate spending that much for getting so little. Some bands on Kickstarter charge around that amount to spend the day with you and even give you a guest spot on the album, so a one hour Skype show doesn't seem like much. 

Check out Murder by Death's Kickstarter... crazy and extreme rewards like that, and people will happily pay the money. Someone paid $4k to ride rollercoasters with the band all day. But $1k for a one hour Skype? Not so much.

Oh buddy. You don't have to tell me about the MBD Kickstarter. Haha. Aside from Circa, MBD is my favorite band on my non-existent list of favorite bands. I'm a proud member of the Whiskey Crew. :P if I would've had the money, I would have done one of the huge things on their Kickstarter. I mean, for $1000, they recorded a cover song for you. Not like Max Bemis' cell-phone quality Song Shop recordings, they were studio quality and very well done. MBD is collectively some of the nicest and most genuine musicians I've met, and just nicest people in general. And from meeting Anthony, he is too. I'm not sure what happened here.

i never go with any of the handpainted stuff because honestly, those packages are wayy too expensive and i could get colin to do some really awesome commissioned work that would mean a lot more to me. that dude rules.

the circa hang-outs happen anyway. just stay out back after the show and you'll get to chill with all of them for quite a while. fo' free!

It's almost all solo stuff, but he does a few Circa songs and a cover every now and then. He plas a phenomenal show either way.

he played 'seven years' and some zolof on the 'beautiful things' tour and i about melted

and the really cool slowed down version of 'semi-constructive criticism' on the avalon tour. but brendan and nick were there with him too instead of just GOW.

he played 'seven years' and some zolof on the 'beautiful things' tour and i about melted

and the really cool slowed down version of 'semi-constructive criticism' on the avalon tour. but brendan and nick were there with him too instead of just GOW.

I sang Ode To Madonna with Zolof when I was 17 or 18. So much fun.

"Am I the only one who thinks this is incredibly stupid? Its like a kickstarter without the kickstarter. Kids are obsessed with him so of course he can take advantage of one of them and take $1000 from them for a stupid internet ukulele performance "

For the record my tone is low-key and mellow, not trying to get into a yelling match just trying to be extremely subjective here.

What's the big rip all about? Who cares if someone appreciates them to the point of support. The musician is trying to make a living. If he has demand that's good for him. No need to rain on his parade by claiming there should only be some sort of "standard" worship where society agrees it's ok to like something this much and express it that much. My point is, why  should one rain on someones parade just because it doesn't meet or exceed their expectation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Hm8SXcFi8

"Am I the only one who thinks this is incredibly stupid? Its like a kickstarter without the kickstarter. Kids are obsessed with him so of course he can take advantage of one of them and take $1000 from them for a stupid internet ukulele performance "

For the record my tone is low-key and mellow, not trying to get into a yelling match just trying to be extremely subjective here.

What's the big rip all about? Who cares if someone appreciates them to the point of support. The musician is trying to make a living. If he has demand that's good for him. No need to rain on his parade by claiming there should only be some sort of "standard" worship where society agrees it's ok to like something this much and express it that much. My point is, why  should one rain on someones parade just because it doesn't meet or exceed their expectation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Hm8SXcFi8

My point is I don't think there will be 7 people willing to pay $1k for that top-tier package, so Anthony is doing himself a disservice by not offering up packages at realistic price points. I'm not saying he's not entitled to make a living.. of course he is. I want the best for him. I just think he'd make more of a living offering different packages at more affordable prices. More people would get onboard.

Im just adding my two cents here but as a huge fan of circa survive and variant collector of Circa Survive/AG I think these prices are outrageous. I'm not even going to let it ruin my collection if i dont have either of the hand painted covers. It's not worth it in the least considering you get one solitary item for $350. I also have been chatting with another Circa Survive fan about this and he brought up how Anthony is Self-Producing this album which to a point justifies prices being higher. Although Violent Waves was also Self produced and the money was split up through 5 people. (I assume) Anyways, if you've ever seen circa play then you know that their lights and equipment are top notch and they make money from a lot of different things (Shoes, Merch, shows, Colin's Art, All their side projects)

What im saying, in a shorter version is that he doesnt need to be pricing it that high because it makes no sense and he's milking out as much money as he can for no reason.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...