PO: Anthony Green- Young Legs

sspeck

This is a hard choice, even though it shouldn't be. This is a stupid, stupid price. But I have literally everything except tests, including the Circa hand-painted vinyl, and I know if I miss this, I'll never be able to get it again, and will regret it. If it came with other things, like the Circa one did, I'd do it easily. But this is not even a 'package'. This is almost as much as my PS4! Also, I probably might've gotten the lyric sheet package if it came with vinyl.

Agreed. The hand painted would be much more tempting if it came with anything at all. T-shirt, deluxe cd, lyric sheet.

I have(had?) a complete circa/AG collection going too but I won't touch this thing with a thirty foot pole. No regrets here unless this album somehow turns out to be the most mind blowing thing since Juturna.

i cried when i bought the 2nd top tier package..why no other stuff beside digital download? wah

You actually got it?

This is so mind boggling to me that some people are actually going to purchase top packages like this with such a small amount of stuff. I feel like this is definitely taking advantage of the variant collector. Did he do anything like this with his last two solo albums?

Nah, they were put out by Photo Finish. I mean, I get why he would do expensive, limited bundles. Circa did them and they worked well, mostly, and he's self-producing this album, and I'm assuming self-funding it, too. But I don't know why he thought to increase the prices and decrease the amount of limited things you get. Sigh.

Am I the only one who thinks this is incredibly stupid? Its like a kickstarter without the kickstarter. Kids are obsessed with him so of course he can take advantage of one of them and take $1000 from them for a stupid internet ukulele performance

He certainly has an almost "cultish" following hah. It's all good tho, he's putting out unique stuff and if the fans are dedicated to and appreciative of his impact on them... Well, they're getting something cool while also donating to his future as an artist. Might be crazy pricing but the support is definitely there!

He certainly has an almost "cultish" following hah. It's all good tho, he's putting out unique stuff and if the fans are dedicated to and appreciative of his impact on them... Well, they're getting something cool while also donating to his future as an artist. Might be crazy pricing but the support is definitely there!

I totally agree with you, but like my man above said, Anthony Green means a lot to a lot of people. His fans have proven time and time again that they're not only very supportive, but not afraid to show their support in insane ways, such as paying $1000. :P Like someone else mentioned here, there's probably dozens of people who have more than that in Circa ink. I personally couldn't justify the Skype show, as cool of an experience as that would be for someone who follows his work closely. The only reason I'm considering paying the crazy price for the hand-painted vinyl is because, well, this is now the only collection I have, and it's important to me.

32. I'm hardly a kid.

Mr. Noodle! You were with me on the Circa packages. What're your thoughts?

The new song was previewed on rolling stone I believe it was mentioned there that Good Old War was the backing band for this album.

An, okay. It just didn't sound a lot like Good Old War this time around. Haha.

Mr. Noodle! You were with me on the Circa packages. What're your thoughts?

An, okay. It just didn't sound a lot like Good Old War this time around. Haha.

I got on the $750 VW package like you, and I feel like I definitely got my money worth. I hung out with the band backstage before one of their shows (instead of a phone call), and it was about an hour all up. Combine that with the box, handpainted vinyl etc. and there was definitely $750 worth of stuff there no matter who you ask.

That's why I feel like this $1k package is pretty ridiculous. Like you I'm a massive fan of both Anthony and the band,  but I can't even contemplate spending that much for getting so little. Some bands on Kickstarter charge around that amount to spend the day with you and even give you a guest spot on the album, so a one hour Skype show doesn't seem like much. 

Check out Murder by Death's Kickstarter... crazy and extreme rewards like that, and people will happily pay the money. Someone paid $4k to ride rollercoasters with the band all day. But $1k for a one hour Skype? Not so much.