PO: Anthony Green- Young Legs

sspeck

I'm trying to make the Cleveland show as well. It depends on how shitty my anxiety is that day with the drive up there.

This is going to sound stupid but I remember going to see circa at the grog shop last time by myself and I had a huge anxiety attack 

,not to mention just feeling shitty being my loner single self seeing all those couples. Hell i'd almost isolated myself that entire year. I guess that veil had shown on my face ,Anthony saw me  walking by and just slapped me on the leg. Like hey lighten up man you're in for a good show.  I like to think most people with anxiety/depression/apathy can sense it well enough in others.

tldr; go to the show have a few beers to loosen up if you're not the most chipper

This is going to sound stupid but I remember going to see circa at the grog shop last time by myself and I had a huge anxiety attack

,not to mention just feeling shitty being my loner single self seeing all those couples. Hell i'd almost isolated myself that entire year. I guess that veil had shown on my face ,Anthony saw me walking by and just slapped me on the leg. Like hey lighten up man you're in for a good show. I like to think most people with anxiety/depression/apathy can sense it well enough in others.

tldr; go to the show have a few beers to loosen up if you're not the most chipper

This, 100%. I usually have pretty bad anxiety and have gotten super bummed out at shows because of similar things, but going into both Anthony's show and Circa's show, it was some of the best memories of the last few years. Like you said, it sounds stupid, but Anthony has a way of making things cool. Chat with him after the show, he's an awesome dude and super genuine.

,not to mention just feeling shitty being my loner single self seeing all those couples. Hell i'd almost isolated myself that entire year. I guess that veil had shown on my face ,Anthony saw me walking by and just slapped me on the leg. Like hey lighten up man you're in for a good show. I like to think most people with anxiety/depression/apathy can sense it well enough in others.

I was also at this show. Had to leave five songs in because my wife had a horrible panic attack. There were a few couples around us dry humping through the first few songs, it was annoying.

,not to mention just feeling shitty being my loner single self seeing all those couples. Hell i'd almost isolated myself that entire year. I guess that veil had shown on my face ,Anthony saw me  walking by and just slapped me on the leg. Like hey lighten up man you're in for a good show.  I like to think most people with anxiety/depression/apathy can sense it well enough in others.

That's pretty awesome, and I am going to try my best to make it. My main problem is driving with my anxiety right now, and it's a good 30 miles to the grog shop from my house. I'm trying to get friends to go, but everyone is busy Friday. I've missed so many shows because of my anxiety and I'm ready to just say fuck it and give it a go.

Edit: I totally understand the isolation thing as well. I've shut myself up for the past few months and have hardly seen my friends. I feel like they took it personally too, since they seem sort of distance to me lately. Might be in my head though.

That's pretty awesome, and I am going to try my best to make it. My main problem is driving with my anxiety right now, and it's a good 30 miles to the grog shop from my house. I'm trying to get friends to go, but everyone is busy Friday. I've missed so many shows because of my anxiety and I'm ready to just say fuck it and give it a go.

Edit: I totally understand the isolation thing as well. I've shut myself up for the past few months and have hardly seen my friends. I feel like they took it personally too, since they seem sort of distance to me lately. Might be in my head though.

Not to get too deep into the subject since well we're loosing focus of the thread. I've read plenty of your posts before dealing with the subject for what seams quite a while, have you looked into any self help on the internet ? I believe the first and one of the hardest steps to overcoming these obstacles is recognizing them for what they are and how detrimental they can be to your health. Sometimes it's hard to even research about it let alone talk to friends/family. It might not be of any worth  but i've found reading really helps me and walking in the woods by myself. I'd like to recommend checking out Alan Watts either on youtube or his books if you have the time he's helped me get a better grasp on a bulk of life problems.

also I love Audrey Kawasaki's art

Liking this album is such a pleasant surprise! I was not a big fan of Beautiful Things for some reason, but I like this a lot. 

It's insane to think back to high school and remember just how much I worshipped AG. I literally only listened to Saosin, Circa Survive, and TSOAF for the longest times. I eventually branched out to the stuff he did guest vocals on (Envy on the Coast, TREoS, etc). My entire music experience exists only because of him.

It's been pretty awesome to see him grow so much in popularity and retain his "coolness." I remember when he was playing with TSOAF doing little acoustic sets and when he first came to San Francisco to support Avalon (maybe before? It was '08/'09). He played at Bottom of the Hill, which is a relatively small venue. On November 18th, he will be playing at the Great American Music Hall. Even though I don't listen to his new material nearly as much as his old stuff, I still never miss him when he comes here. Absolutely cannot wait.

How good is "100 Steps"? This version makes me melt. I remember when this song was just a little idea he was kicking around.

I love Circa but wasn't a huge fan of his first two solo records. I've been following this one though because the singles grabbed me. Listened to the full record and love it. Some pretty dark tracks. Will be picking it up at some point and I may even delve into the first two records again. In any case, Young Legs will tide me over until a new Circa record.