Prize Fighter Inferno new variant?

Just saw this.  I passed this up on RSD but would still like to get it, especially for only 16 bucks.  I'm confused that modern vinyl is calling it a new variant.  Wasn't black available at some point last year?  I'm not a variant collector or anything so it doesn't matter to me which variant I get.

http://modern-vinyl.com/2013/09/13/prize-fighter-inferno-ep-gets-new-variant/

Just saw this.  I passed this up on RSD but would still like to get it, especially for only 16 bucks.  I'm confused that modern vinyl is calling it a new variant.  Wasn't black available at some point last year?  I'm not a variant collector or anything so it doesn't matter to me which variant I get.

http://modern-vinyl.com/2013/09/13/prize-fighter-inferno-ep-gets-new-variant/

Black is the new 5th pressing.

1st- Pink

2nd - White (NYCC Exclusive)

3rd - Splatter

4th - GID (RSD Exclusive_

5th - Black

I guess the discogs entry for a black variant in 2012 is a lie.  thanks for the info.

not a lie...just not completely read:

Black 10". No barcode. Sticker on front reads: "The Prize Fighter Inferno, Solo EP From Claudio Sanchez Of Coheed and Cambria on Black Vinyl, Featuring 'Elm Street Loverboy'." Copies sold at shows on Coheed & Cambria's Summer/ Fall 2013 tour are signed by Claudio Sanchez.

2012 is when the record was released...this summer/fall is when it was sold.

• 9 months later...

I just found this in looking for PFI stuff. I submitted that variant on Discogs. I'm too good at submissions, but it was definitely Summer 2013 the first time I ever saw it (Rockstar Uproar Tour), and then it started showing up everyone.

I apologize for all the confusion (a year later)

• 1 year later...
51 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Bumping this thread instead of starting a new one.....PFI seems to be updating their facebook for the first time in a few years.  Think we are getting a new record Or maybe Blood Machine on vinyl finally?

During the last AMA the band did, Claudio said this was on the eventual schedule to happen...

13 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

Also on his Facebook live thing today he said he doesn't sit down to do an entire PFI album, he just does the songs as they come and will release something whenever he has enough or something to that effect. Jams, get clarification when you see him.

I'm not seeing them until September. Lol