PO: Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) - Amused to Death

markaj311

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY! I want both versions honestly. The black and the picture disc. I can't figure out what the green/black splatterish one is though...anybody know??

Amazon is showing $60 for the 2xLP picture disk.  Fuck me.  I can't justify that level of gouging.  Hope it's only a preliminary placeholder price.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have this pre-ordered from Amazon before the "official announcement"? My order points to a dead page. 

yup. looks like the page for that pre-order is dead. 

I will likely cancel it anyway. my in price was $45.21USD plus shipping, but i'm in Canada, and they have since added Import Duties on top of that automatically (they didn't do this at the time i ordered it, the auto import fees came to amazon.com a few months later).

Also, the exchange rate now compared to the time i ordered it is drastically different.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm fucking torn by this release.  The completist/purist in me wants the vinyl...while the logical money saving part of me wants the SACD.  As much as I love the sound of vinyl and would love to add this to my PF collection, SACDs are fucking awesome.  The Downward Spiral SACD blew my mind with what the could do with 5.1 sound.  Yet, I have Dark Side on both formats and find myself listening to the lp more the SACD...  They're too damn expensive to buy both...Wish they would have done what any other respectable major release does when they want to double dip and released them at different times...I'd be pissed they did it, but it wouldn't hurt the wallet so much at once...