PO: Funeral For A Friend - Between Order And Model Re-Release

http://www.endhitsrecords.com/releases/item/between-order-and-model

The songs you are about to hear are responsible for hardcore kids, punks and metalheads uniting at the beginning of the 2000's.

When Funeral For A Friend released their debut EP Between Order And Model in 2002 a new genre dubbed "Screamo" was on the rise and the band became its first european flagship.

Their mix of dual guitar attacks, the clean/shouting vocals, three minute neckbreakers and the occasional thrown in but breathtaking quiet parts makes the five piece the right band at the right place at the right time.

What follows is a genre defining debut full length and endless touring (yes, including a run with Iron Maiden).

The fact that Funeral For A Friend (named after a song by HC Punk band Planes Mistaken For Stars, not Elton John!) have immense potential is obvious.

The audiences grow, the concert halls get bigger, the band is destined to become the next big thing.

But in 2011 the band has had enough of other peoples expectations and the resulting pressure.

They take a step back, make a deliberate decision to play intimate club shows,  allow their music to be rough around the edges again.

The often cliched term "back to the roots" is something that saves Funeral For A Friend from burning out and shows the band more alive and passionate than ever.

And part of the 'focusing on their roots' experience of Funeral For A Friend is the re-release of the groundbreaking debut EP Between Order And Model on End Hits Records (a label founded and run by their long time friends and musical companions Boysetsfire).

The newly remixed and remastered four original songs were enhanced with three rare/unreleased tracks from the same recording session and live versions recorded by the current line up.

A 12 page booklet features never before seen pictures from the bands archives and linernotes from singer Matt Davies, Josh Latshaw (Boysetsfire) and Oli Sykes (Bring Me The Horizon).

Between Order And Model will be available as Digi-Pack CD and for the first time ever on vinyl (limited to 1000 coloured copies).

Between Order And Model stands for the beginnings of a very talented band and the resulting success.

And for a group that is now back to where they started in 2002:

A bunch of friends and music enthusiasts who believe in the power of the music AND the message.

Small town working class boys who still just wanna get in the van to find out whats over that hill...

There are the following variants announced:

300 white/green
700 translucent orange

I'm definitely getting the white/green one!

This was just announced, so I guess you will get yours soon ;) End Hits is european based so this is probably the reason! Even though the pre-order options for europe are still not good as well! The only chance atm is impericon which only sell these for quite a high price together with a shirt I don't find attractive at all.

Didn't check, but I'm guess it's still a bit pricey to get shipped to the US? Just sucks because I rarely see any US distress get their stuff.

I just ordered mine from here: http://funeralforafriend.sandbag.uk.com/Store/DisplayItems.html

They also got a retailer for german people like me but this one only sells in a shirtbundle which I really don't want..!

I didn't check on the shipping costs to the US but I guess the /300 variant will be gone before the preorder period ends!

Had to buy it as well. $38 with shipping is steep, but it does come with a full album worth of tracks and is shipped from the uk. Really want to know the difference between the new and the OG casually dressed vinyl. i have the old one bought it on discogs. only need memory and humanity and welcome home armageddon to complete my collection.

Had to buy it as well. $38 with shipping is steep, but it does come with a full album worth of tracks and is shipped from the uk. Really want to know the difference between the new and the OG casually dressed vinyl. i have the old one bought it on discogs. only need memory and humanity and welcome home armageddon to complete my collection.

i just bought a copy of Memory and Humanity from some European distro a couple weeks ago. It was on clearance so I got it for $18 shipped. I believe someone posted a comparison between the two presses in the Casually Dressed RSD repress thread a few months back.

Edit: Here's the link. Post #69

Always wondered why it was never pressed. By the way, I am insanely jealous of your FFAF collection.

They were still signed to Atlantic Records when Tales came out. By that point, Atlantic had stopped pressing albums on vinyl in the UK. The last album that Atlantic pressed on vinyl was Matt Davies side project, The Secret Show.

• 1 month later...