PO: Bon Iver - S/T & Emma, Forever Ago Repress

Yeah, I spun my For Emma when this thread started and people complained about the original pressing, but mine sounded fantastic on my good setup.

Granted I pre-ordered from the label as soon as it was announced, so mine is definitely from that first run. 

I don't have a great set-up and still sounds great. 

We win.

I question these reviews.  To some people I'm sure a crackly/noisy record is no big deal and there are probably people that think that's how a record is really supposed to sound.  Me?  I like a quiet, crackle-free record.  Not pointing any fingers but there are people that have commented to say that these new pressings sound just as awful as the old ones.  Or maybe it's hit or miss.  I don't know.  I'd love to own a "great sounding" Bon Iver record, I'm just not convinced that exists.

I question these reviews.  To some people I'm sure a crackly/noisy record is no big deal and there are probably people that think that's how a record is really supposed to sound.  Me?  I like a quiet, crackle-free record.  Not pointing any fingers but there are people that have commented to say that these new pressings sound just as awful as the old ones.  Or maybe it's hit or miss.  I don't know.  I'd love to own a "great sounding" Bon Iver record, I'm just not convinced that exists.

My copy of For Emma is very much quiet and crackle-free. I haven't listened to S/T in a while though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I didn't know which thread to post this in but check it, Newbury price gouging: http://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_home.php?storenr=103&deptnr=754

Bon Iver is back in stock and priced at $45.99, along with some others. 

Dicks.

screw them. i would probably pick it up for 20, but not 46 lol