Quitting Buying Records

I've thought about doing this as well. I used to spend 50-125 a month on records. I just can't do that anymore on a graduate school budget. Selling everything and having that money in your bank account is such an appealing thought, but at the end of the day I'd regret it. I put my Sundials 7" up on ebay last year and I'm so glad it didn't sell. I would have regretted that forever. 

I've thought about doing this as well. I used to spend 50-125 a month on records. I just can't do that anymore on a graduate school budget. Selling everything and having that money in your bank account is such an appealing thought, but at the end of the day I'd regret it. I put my Sundials 7" up on ebay last year and I'm so glad it didn't sell. I would have regretted that forever.

I would have bought it had I known. Is it the regular version, or tour edition?

im at a similar point right now. its less the money but much more the lack of space for me, though. id never think of selling ALL my records but ive come to realize what many said already... theres no need to own every single record you see. ive even stopped buying records that i think are just alright and focused on the stuff im sure ill listen to often enough - that way of thinking helped me the most.

I just cut back on buying records I can pick up at any time. I wait for sales and discounts, or just wait until the holidays. That and I stopped collecting multiple variants of the same record. That was the big one! Last year, a bunch of commitments and responsibilities popped up at the same time and I had to make some sacrifices. Cut back on drinking and smoking. Went from spending $150/M on comics to like $15 too. Hated it at the time but I'm actually glad it happened. Now the majority of my debts are almost cleared and I'm gonna start putting money in savings to move out and get my business started. 

Wanna help me move out? Buy something! ;)

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/80975-fsft-vinylcomicsshirtsposters-am-touche-amore-la-dispute-title-fight-bc-gaslight-anthem/

The higher and higher prices go for records and the way some variants are handled are both reasons for me that I am cutting back and planning on cutting even further. Too many impulse buys and many unnecessary multiple variants have bloated my collection and I need to cleanse it soon. It's also nice having money in the savings account.

I recently moved out of my parent's house into my first apartment. I stayed home as long as I could. So I had a full time job with lots of expendable income.

I TOTALLY quit buying records/visiting this site for a few months before I got a good budget going. Now I budget $60 a month to records and do not go over NO MATTER WHAT. When I was living at home, I was spending hundreds of dollars a month on records. This money now goes to rent. And food. And toilet paper. It's hard, but seeing all the money in my savings account really makes up for the couple of records I passed on that I probably wouldn't even have time to listen to anyway.

This month I bought a new camera and some accessories and those accessories ended up taking up my record budget. So, no records for me in September. 

It's always good to check your priorities and re-evaluate frequently.  Don't make any rash decisions you'll regret later. A moratorium on buying doesn't mean a dictate to sell as others have said, and I think you backted this up, too.  Wish I had all my records (and TOPPS baseball cards) from the 1970s when I was a kid.