Mamiffer & Circle: Enharmonic Intervals (for Paschen Organ) Vinyl 2xLP ( SIGE )

Guest realtalk

Guest realtalk

Mamiffer & Circle: Enharmonic Intervals (for Paschen Organ) Vinyl 2xLP

SIGE Records 2013.
Edition of 800 copies.
600 black vinyl, 200 black/clear vinyl
Deluxe 2 part jacket with art/photography by Faith Coloccia, & design by musta kirahvi

Track Listing:

1. Kaksonen 1
  2. Parting Of Bodies
  3. Vaso Luna
  4. Tumulus
  5. Vessel Full Of Worms
  6. Mätäneminen
  7. Kakksonen 2 (Artemesia)

On this recording: Faith Coloccia, Aaron Turner, Jussi Lehtisalo, Mika Rättö.

Viola on track one by Eyvind Kang.  

Recorded at Keski-Porin Kirkko, the nineteenth-century stone church in the heart of Circle’s hometown, the basic tracks for Enharmonic Intervals exude divine inspiration. Caressed by Faith ColocciaAaron TurnerJussi Lehtisalo, and Mika Rättö, the house of worship’s immense Paschen organ sets a liturgical, contemplative mood, which persists unabated through a cycle of improvisations and short compositions. The album opens and closes with slowly building sinfoniettas of sustained drone and flatlining feedback that shine heavenly light onto the wan, academic corpse of avant-garde minimalism. In the middle, all sorts of hell breaks loose: Coloccia chants wordless omens on a distant shore, Turner shouts his lungs out, Lehtisalo speaks in tongues from atop synthesized snowbanks, Rättö gargles operatic gibberish, hummingbird guitars flutter past, and delicate chords glisten like dewdrops on Arctic lichen.  

Instead of engaging in some lazy superstar jam, Mamiffer and Circle have gone above and beyond to create a site-specific triumph that bridges the gap between serene, holy bliss and the warm, messy sprawl of humanity. Amen to that, brothers and sisters.

http://www.bluecollardistro.com/sigerecords/product_info.php?products_id=8601&cPath=1186_1187&store=0

I'm so behind on Mamiffer's releases.

The Locrian collaboration was fantastic, some of the best work both artists have done.  Metis/Amaranthine/The Emperor is an incredible song.  I've got most of their stuff, but I think most of the tapes will elude me eternally.

I'll have to wait until I get paid for this, hopefully the clear will still be around.

I sadly have to miss them when they're playing here, due to work.  Luckily, Aaron and Faith live around here, so Mamiffer or House of Low Culture tend to play opening sets periodically.

So they had a ton of merch at the show, I think they had every Mamiffer and HoLC release on vinyl, as well as Jodis - Black Curtain, Everlovely Lightningheart and a couple of other groups I am not familiar with and therefore can't remember. They also had a bunch of tapes, cds, patches, and four different shirt designs. 2xlps were $20, single lps and splits were $10-$15, shirts were $15, sweaters $25. They also have a Mamiffer art book for $25 that was pretty sweet. Awesome show, anyone that has a chance should definitely go be mesmerized by Faith's voice while watching Aaron make guitars do things they're not supposed to. Added bonus: confirmed that Old Man Gloom will commence recording this winter.

They rip live. Apparently a DVD of their tour last year is in the works as well, and is going to include some cuts from the show I was at, so that's pretty sweet. If I recall correctly the guy who was traveling around with them recording is the same guy who did Blood, Sweat, and Vinyl. I really hope they do another tour to promote the new record, all those other bands can take a break for a while.

They rip live. Apparently a DVD of their tour last year is in the works as well, and is going to include some cuts from the show I was at, so that's pretty sweet. If I recall correctly the guy who was traveling around with them recording is the same guy who did Blood, Sweat, and Vinyl. I really hope they do another tour to promote the new record, all those other bands can take a break for a while.

Yeah, you're correct.  It's the same guy who did Blood, Sweat and Vinyl was filming a lot of their last tour.  He's friends with the girl I was seeing at the time and was recording the show we went to.  I'd love another OMG tour, they were great when I saw them last time.

On a side note, I went to the first or second screening of Blood, Sweat and Vinyl and Aaron and Faith were in attendance.

I must admit I have yet to see it, definitely on my to do list.

It was really good and I'd recommend it to any fans of Constellation, Hydra Head or Neurot Records (or similar labels).  The DVD is kind of pricey and I don't have a copy myself, so I can't say if it's worth the cost there, but it's definitely worth sitting down to watch it if you get a chance.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest deleted

Hello, SIGE has some new items in at the store today for the Mamiffer & Circle record release:

Mamiffer and Circle "Enharmonic Intervals (for Paschen Organ)" 2xLP and CD

Mamiffer "Mare Decendrii" 2xLP re-press

Mamiffer & House of Low Culture "Split tape #3"

Mamiffer "LIVE (Through Daniel Menche)" tape

Mamiffer & Demian Johnston "split tape" re-press

The store also has some left over Mamiffer and House of Low Culture 2013 Fall tour merchandise: patches, shirts, sweatshirts and various release re-stocks.

Thank you!

http://sige.bigcartel.com/