economic stimulus payments

mrc

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't know if I'm getting one of these things. If we made more than $3000 and filed, but are still being claimed by our parents, are we getting one?

You won't get one based on the fact your parents claim you. That is why I don't get one too.

It says on that thing that they get the money if you are under 17. If you are right, I'm fucked because I owe $600 on my couch and it is due on the 24th of May. Plus, my girlfriend, who her parents are also claiming her, got a letter that said she is getting one. So, I guess we'll see. Oh man, if I don't get one, I'm in trouble. haha

FUCK!

From the IRS website:

Q: I know some people won’t get a stimulus payment. How do I know if I’m one of them?

A: You won’t get a stimulus payment in 2008, if any of the following apply to you:

You don’t file a 2007 tax return.

Your net income tax liability is zero and your qualifying income is less than $3,000. To determine your qualifying income, add together your wages, net self-employment income, nontaxable combat pay, Social Security benefits, certain Railroad Retirement benefits and certain veterans’ payments.

You can be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return (whether or not you actually are claimed as a dependent on someone else's return). For example, this would include a child or student who can be claimed on a parent’s return. [updated 4/15/08]

You do not have a valid Social Security Number.

You are a nonresident alien.

You file Form 1040NR or Form 1040NR-EZ, Form 1040PR or Form 1040SS for 2007.

My stimulus money will be going to the mastering of three 7"s for my new 7" series: WAX IMPACT

any more info you can give us on this yet?

The series is gonna focus on lesser known bands/artists that I'd like to see out on vinyl. The first three are going to be:

Chris Justice, guitar player from the Pegs. This release has a Social D feel to it; real catchy, moody punk.

Disco Lepers, Killed By Death punk from London. Their singer runs No Front Teeth Records.

Shanghai Wires, another No Front Teeth band. They have more of a '77/Hostage records sound to them.

I want to include digital download codes with each 7" and we're just working out the logistics of that right now. I'll post something on the board here when it gets closer to getting released.

WTF!! I haven't gotten mine yet and my last two digits is 00

fucking government keeping the brown man down

i do know some banks when they get something direct deposited into them, they tend to hold mit for a day or two...hope this helps...my girlfriend is in the same boat as you

That may be what's happening, I dunno there isn't anything in pending on my account.

Another reason to hate WAMU.. what a shit ass bank I need to get the fuck outta there