Amphetamine Reptile Records/ MELVINS / Hepa-Titus / Seawhores / Catch-All Thread

jhulud

In a recent interview, King BuzzO joked that the band was going to release their Sugar Daddy Live LP as a bunch of single 12" LPs with another band doing a track or two on the b-side.

It seems that joke is actually true.

This is from Haze XXL on the AmRep board:

Okay, here's the scoop so far. Instead of a normal 12" vinyl release of the Melvins "Sugar Daddy" LP, there will be 13 - 12" 45rpm records. Sharing each record will be faves of the Melvins past/future*/present. The first 2 are getting pressed now are with U-Men and Cows. Packaging has yet to be determined 100%, but pressing should be large enough to get around and be affordable.

So far confirmed...

Off

Fucked Up

Mudhoney

Butthole Surfers

more TBA - stay tuned!

Guest deathbydrums

Nice selection of bands. Just learned about U-Men. If u ain't heard it, Cows "Sorry In Pig Minor" is a masterpiece and K-Buzz produced the album. P.S. A series is only affordable if you don't need to collect them all. ;) amrep b rapem my walletz. guess not though. it's consensual.

really?

no you just paid 65 dollars, for a unique form of the album, 13 pieces of original artwork, 13 songs from 13 different artists, some old songs, some unreleased versions, some new songs and a history lesson from the forefathers of this type of music...

and even at 10 dollars each it is a bargain

really?

no you just paid 65 dollars, for a unique form of the album, 13 pieces of original artwork, 13 songs from 13 different artists, some old songs, some unreleased versions, some new songs and a history lesson from the forefathers of this type of music...

and even at 10 dollars each it is a bargain

Duly noted. Doesn't mean my interest isn't piqued, just saying -- 65, 130, 260, whatever it costs.. that's an expensive-ass album! Melvins fans do seem to be some of the most willing people to part with money that I have seen so this probably wont be an issue for most. Maybe they'll do the same download deal they did on the endless residency set for the cheapskates.

• 4 weeks later...

One or two tracks with 13 releases planned? That is about $260 for 13-26 tracks. I guess I'll put the turd in the punch bowl here but they just found a way bend their fans over and fuck their wallets yet again. You are paying at minimum $10 a song and that blows.

I'll probably buy this but maybe this will be the series of releases I finally put my foot down on.