Amphetamine Reptile Records/ MELVINS / Hepa-Titus / Seawhores / Catch-All Thread

jhulud

Both sides have pits and bumps on them but the Napalm Death side is even more strange. There's dead wax and the matrix etching numbers right after the first track. Then there is the second track. So because of that, the songs will not transition properly.

That sucks, you should email Rob and see if you can get it replaced.

40 percent is a total ripoff but maybe the 9:30 figured if the Melvins and Amrep can charge such high prices for those records then they can get in on the action too by raising the cut they take. I think a club that size typically gets 20 - 25 percent, hence the 25+ dollar t-shirt prices at those type of shows.

• 1 month later...

I searched for one but haven't found one. If there already is one, please delete this. Otherwise ... post anything AMREP related here. I start with (The) Melvins:

602905_10151810075005939_1900574580_n.jp

Looks like there's a Helmet / Melvins split 7" on the horizon:

"Upcoming Australia & New Zealand tour with Helmet (see tour dates). To commemorate this illustrious pairing there's gonna be a split 7". Like old times for both bands, the single is coming out on AmRep with a HAZE XXL cover. Sneak peak..." - https://www.facebook.com/melvinsarmy

Guest realtalk

4 easy to find, searchable Seawhores threads (3 of them started by yours truly!) :)

boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/76865-melvins-seawhores-split-150g-marble-limited/

boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/67783-seawhores/

boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/87594-seawhores-b-side-12-amphetamine-reptile-records/

boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/87394-seawhores-vier-bestrafungen-cass-boxset-66-4xlp-boxset-111/