Amphetamine Reptile Records/ MELVINS / Hepa-Titus / Seawhores / Catch-All Thread

jhulud

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ordered that Melvins / Mudhoney CD for $5 and it got “delivered” the other day, but not to me. I asked if they could send out a replacement and I got a reply of “we can’t tell if you’re lying or not but we’ll send you one but understand we’re taking a loss”. I could understand that for a rare expensive record, but it’s just a CD-R. Not really great customer service. They also said they won’t send to this address again, especially since this was my first order with them. Feel a little off put by their response. Odds are the post man put it in the wrong slot, or some took it. I’ve posted on my apartment’s community board, checked the postage office, and left a note in my box for the post man; everything I could think of. Not a huge deal cause it was $9 so I won’t lose sleep over it. Was kinda just hoping for a more understanding response. It’s “sold out” online, so I can’t order another one even if I wanted. And wouldn’t want to end up spending $20 on a CD of 5 songs essentially. Sorry I’m rambling. Could anyone rip the CD for me? I’d appreciate it. 

He replied and put up a new batch of them so I can buy one. Looks like no replacement for me. Lame. 

Edited by Dave Grohl

1 hour ago, fish said:

That is obnoxious. I guess they dont make enough on their $75 glow in the dark eps to cover the $5 hit they would have had to take on your replacement.

I honestly was so tempted to reply to him with pretty much that exact statement. 

Guess the $12k they just made in half a day from the Electroretard pressing wasn’t enough to cover the CD either. 

Edited by Dave Grohl

1 hour ago, fish said:

That is obnoxious. I guess they dont make enough on their $75 glow in the dark eps to cover the $5 hit they would have had to take on your replacement.

31 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I honestly was so tempted to reply to him with pretty much that exact statement. 

Guess the $12k they just made in half a day from the Electroretard pressing wasn’t enough to cover the CD either. 

Inflation is a bitch. 

5 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Wow, that’s terrible service. I recently ordered a couple of LP’s from a small label who screwed up the order but told me to keep the LP I didn’t order and also refunded my money. The customer service was great even though I’m pretty sure they also took a loss.

5 hours ago, morfiend said:

Wow, that’s terrible service. I recently ordered a couple of LP’s from a small label who screwed up the order but told me to keep the LP I didn’t order and also refunded my money. The customer service was great even though I’m pretty sure they also took a loss.

It’s almost as if that kind of thing is built into your costs... I’m just being thankful it happened with a CD and not something super expensive. Sadly, I won’t be ordering from them again.

I always find it amusing when labels get all pissy about returns or dealing with customer service. If you don't want to deal with returns or customer service in general, don't run a label or distro. Is it worth it to lose a customer over a $5 CD? As someone who's sold records for 10 years now the answer is absolutely not, I don't care how busy you are.  If you run your business the right way you should have minimal returns.

• 1 month later...