PO: Black Crowes (November 25)

bgdesign

Guys overseas are starting to get them.  A few on stevehoffman are saying the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired.  This long wait may lead to a huge letdown.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/new-black-crowes-reissue-vinyl-coming.330500/page-16

I will march down there and kill whoever mastered it if so.

Wow.....I will take the chance and listen myself. If they sound bad they will be returned. Ordered these on Amazon January 11,2014 and all but 3 snakes and charm will be shipping this week apparently. The damn preorder was so old I forgot I used a gift card on them! Fingers crossed and hopefully southern companion is better than the last press which sounds horrid!

Haven't had much time over the last few days, but I got time to spin Side 1 of both Southern Harmony and Amorica. Both sound wonderful to me. 

Give it another listen. You sure it doesn't sound compressed? There's no dynamic range on any of mine and I doubt I got unlucky four times in some freak mastering incident. Everything is at the same volume in the mix, nothing pops out like it should.

Give it another listen. You sure it doesn't sound compressed? There's no dynamic range on any of mine and I doubt I got unlucky four times in some freak mastering incident. Everything is at the same volume in the mix, nothing pops out like it should.

I listened to Side 1 of both twice. Once at low volume, once at a higher volume. I was really happy with both. I've never heard Southern Harmony on vinyl, but I have a US & UK OG press of Amorica to compare that to at least.

I listened to Side 1 of both twice. Once at low volume, once at a higher volume. I was really happy with both. I've never heard Southern Harmony on vinyl, but I have a US & UK OG press of Amorica to compare that to at least.

Hmm. I'm still waiting on my Amorica to come and had to return my Southern Harmony because I got two disc 1s so I'll see if those are any better.

Listened to Amorica yesterday and thought it sounded pretty sweet.

Forgot how fucking good that record is.

Hell yes.

It's one of those albums that right from the first track you're like "Fuck. This song kicks ass" then you say it again at the top of every single song lol

I can't wait for Three Snakes to ship in a couple weeks!