Temple Of The Dog S/T Boot and MOV REISSUE

I borrowed the blue/green colored boot from a buddy and I actually thought it sounded quite good.  The worst part about it was the cover, definitely amateur work.  The record itself was acceptably quiet.  I wouldn't buy it just because it's a bootleg, but hopefully soon we'll have our prayers answered and get a proper release.  Maybe RSD 2014?

I raided my sisters old vinyl collection (from 1988 to 2000ish). She hasn't bought a lot since, but there are some gems including original uk pressing of this. Lots of Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Mudhoney, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Melvins, some Pantera and other metal, rhcp, blur, oasis all very well looked after and in heavy poly sleeves. All I can think of is this -

I have the green bootleg and it sounds good.  It's not the greatest release of all time, but it certainly isn't the worst.  I was able to pick it up at a local record store for $20 and I would definitely spend that on it again.  

Just to reiterate what others have said, the album cover is thin and rough.  It looks good, it's just obvious that it wasn't the most expensive cover ever made.

mpitts is who I borrowed this from.  he didn't tell me that he only spent $20 on it though!  Shake-It's got some deals, need to get up there more often!

I have no idea who this miscreant is..  Ignore this post.

Kidding! :D  Yeah, I got it at Shake It for $20.  It was worth the price of admission, for sure.  

I raided my sisters old vinyl collection (from 1988 to 2000ish). She hasn't bought a lot since, but there are some gems including original uk pressing of this. Lots of Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Mudhoney, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Melvins, some Pantera and other metal, rhcp, blur, oasis all very well looked after and in heavy poly sleeves. All I can think of is this -

Very nice

Does anyone have an original pressing and can confirm it is a good quality pressing?

I have the original UK press with the "old school" white with brown A&M center label. I purchased it new, back in the day. (There is also a Holland/European pressing, with the newer black label design.)

The record was cut very quiet, as to fit approx 30 minutes on one side.

The good news is that the vinyl was quiet enough that it did not not mar the audio with a ton of surface noise. Mine did come with a mark/scratch on "Reach Down" that was mostly inaudable.

The only drawback was I really had to turn the volume up about twice as much as other records, to achieve the same cranked level of sound.

Be leery of a copy that may be less in less than Mint- shape due to the plant squeezing the whole album on one LP. ;)

The cover is thin, but looks MUCH clearer than the bootleg.

• 3 weeks later...