Temple Of The Dog S/T Boot and MOV REISSUE

I can't quote from this computer for some reason, but there is an ebay seller by the name of soundcitybeaches that usually has this type of stuff pretty cheap.  I got a copy of Manson Mechanical Animals Back on Black for $20 shipped from them, I have also seen pretty low prices on other euro imports (not boots) too.

I can't quote from this computer for some reason, but there is an ebay seller by the name of soundcitybeaches that usually has this type of stuff pretty cheap.  I got a copy of Manson Mechanical Animals Back on Black for $20 shipped from them, I have also seen pretty low prices on other euro imports (not boots) too.

I have bought SO many albums from these guys. Highly recommended.

my purple copy from SoundStage came in today... packing was outstanding... very happy... playing the album now and it sounds great to me but I had the black boot to compare it to and that was just a sad copy... very happy...

NOW BRING ON THE SINGLES SOUNDTRACK on limited blue 2lp!!!! please

my purple copy from SoundStage came in today... packing was outstanding... very happy... playing the album now and it sounds great to me but I had the black boot to compare it to and that was just a sad copy... very happy...

Yes singles soundtrack.. i had this pre-ordered 2 years ago from WhatUK records but the label scrapped it. One of the best soundtracks ever!!!!!!!!!

Although the price was a bit high compared to Mother Love Bone which was more limited, I really like that Sound Stage allows me to request them open my LPs and ship the records outside the jackets. I forgot with Mother Love Bone to make the request and had wicked seam splits despite the excellent packaging. I didn't forget with Temple of the Dog!

Although the price was a bit high compared to Mother Love Bone which was more limited, I really like that Sound Stage allows me to request them open my LPs and ship the records outside the jackets. I forgot with Mother Love Bone to make the request and had wicked seam splits despite the excellent packaging. I didn't forget with Temple of the Dog!

I called my order in for this one and asked if they could just put a note on my account to always open and ship them as safely as possible, haha

oh nice. i didn't know you could do that. i have been irritated more and more w/ seam splits on new records i've ordered. it never used to happen. now it happens all the damn time. 

Right when I read this I knew I was going to get splits and I did. Must remember next time. Damn, this record sounds REALLY good! This is going to spend a lot of time on my table.

Received my copy today as did my buddy. Very impressed with the sound quality. And for what it's worth, my buddy who has an original press did a side by side comparison while I was over today and the new MOV repress is light years better as far as AQ goes. The original was extremely fuzzy, hissy and poppy. Lots of surface noise as opposed the the reissue which is nice and smooth.

Wondering if anyone has both and has done a side by side? Interested if anyone else gets the same result. So happy to finally own this classic recording.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds excellent. I've got all of the MOV AIC pressings that have been put out, and I would say that Unplugged might even be the best sounding one.

I have the AIC Unplugged as well and agree the sound is great. My favorite unplugged on vinyl I have is the Nirvana session. Does anyone know who pressed it?

The outers MOV use are horrible. Thin, flimsy, and they always tear on me when I open them. I do applaud them for trying to do something seemingly nice, but I usually just replace them with my regular outer.

This has been sitting on my self for awhile. I'll have to check it out. To me, the MOV releases have been pretty goosed in the low mids and bass. so I'm a bit apprehensive.

• 1 month later...

So I finally got around to playing mine (purple Lps) for the first time...there are a few skips during Reach Down...I figured it could be my turntable but I played the song over and it skipped at the same parts...anybody else have any skipping issues with theirs? 

I haven't had any skipping issues with mine, although it's a black pressing.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Received my copy today as did my buddy. Very impressed with the sound quality. And for what it's worth, my buddy who has an original press did a side by side comparison while I was over today and the new MOV repress is light years better as far as AQ goes. The original was extremely fuzzy, hissy and poppy. Lots of surface noise as opposed the the reissue which is nice and smooth.

Wondering if anyone has both and has done a side by side? Interested if anyone else gets the same result. So happy to finally own this classic recording.

I haven't but I'm happy to hear it, until the MOV came out I'd always wanted an original but the running time per side REALLY put me off, over 30 minutes on the one side I believe.