WTTF: Digital SLR Camera

bgdesign

Looking for something more beginner, probably like a Canon Rebel.

Willing to part with my original press RED copy of Brand New's TDAGARIM or other sought after stuff.

Even the older rebels are going to need more than a copy of The Devil and God to make that a fair trade.

• 4 weeks later...

Have you checked Target? They usually have a deal on Canons where you get the camera, normal lens, and a zoom lenses for a decent price. I think last time I was looking to get one for school it was around $300-$400. It might be easier just to buy instead of shelling out a ton of records for it.

EDIT: If you're gonna be using it for school or anything of importance over a long period of time, buy new. It's always better than having to use one that has wear and tear.

I know you said you don't want to buy, but a lot of people swear by the Nikon D40 for a starter and you should be able to get one for pretty cheap.

I agree with this statement. Got my mom one a few years back for mother's day and she loves it. She isn't much of a photographer but she can work it pretty easily.