PO: Samiam - Astray repress

• 7 months later...

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Everything from this band is great (with maybe the exception of "Soar", which was always my least favorite).  Clumsy is their best, in my unhumble opinion.  

Oh man that's a real shame- "Soar" is a great record! "Sky Flying By" is an indie classic! I love everything from this band through YAFMO. The S/T and "Billy" are kinda weak IMO but I listened to my taped copies of all of them a lot in high school and college.

I have the white Hopeless press of Astray- may pick up a black to see if it sounds better.

I need to explore their other work.  This album blew me away when it came out and nothing else I hear from them really stood up to it, but I haven't really given the rest of their stuff a chance since.  I'll jump on that tomorrow!

As a whole Astray surely stands out the most. I'm sure you would also enjoy You Are Freaking Me Out, because it shows was the beginning of them having a more melodic sound. Though my personal favourite (after Astray) is Trips. It sounds differently compared to what they've done before, but I totally love the kind of nostalgic undertone.