Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I'm fairly new to this genre, the only two bands I really listened to prior was Diesto and VYGR, but I've found some great stuff via this thread. Are there any other straight instrumental bands like Diesto out there?

Bongripper is all instrumental and pretty awesome. You will see alot of bands tht are very minimal vocals and 90% instrumental.

You may like windhand. They have vocals but they are kind of quiet and secondary compared to the music which is pushed forward.

Thanks, added both to my Google library!

Here are some suggestions for you. I'll post more later on. If you can't find any of these albums just let me know and I'll upload them for you. I picked one album from each of these bands for you to check out. These albums may not necessarily be my favorites by these bands but I think they're good albums to start with.

Ufomammut - Idolum

Conan - Monnos

Sons of Otis - Templeball

Cough - Sigillum Luciferi

Toner Low - III

Acid King - Busse Woods

Suma - Let the Churches Burn

Slomatics - A Hocht

OM - God is Good

Zoroaster - Matador

Kongh - Sole Creation

Here are some suggestions for you. I'll post more later on. If you can't find any of these albums just let me know and I'll upload them for you. I picked one album from each of these bands for you to check out. These albums may not necessarily be my favorites by these bands but I think they're good albums to start with.

Ufomammut - Idolum

Conan - Monnos

Toner Low - III

Acid King - Busse Woods

Slomatics - A Hocht

OM - God is Good

Zoroaster - Matador

Kongh - Sole Creation

Those are all good choices. I was listening to acid king on the way to work today. I made a stoner doom metal pandora channel and they have alot of instrumental stuff that comes up. Good way to find new stuff and rule out things you dislike

Ufomammut - Idolum

Conan - Monnos

Toner Low - III

Acid King - Busse Woods

Slomatics - A Hocht

OM - God is Good

Zoroaster - Matador

Kongh - Sole Creation

Thanks dude, I found everything expect OM, Suma, and Toner Low. I think I'm set for the time being!

+1

I never see these guys mentioned online. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places, but that album destroys and doesn't get enough attention. It was released back in 2010 on wax, yet it's still available today. Meaning less that 500 people listen to Suma (on vinyl). Which is kinda sad... but also good news for anyone here that wants it/doesn't have it. 

http://sumanoise.bandcamp.com/album/let-the-churches-burn-2lp

+1

I never see these guys mentioned online. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places, but that album destroys and doesn't get enough attention. It was released back in 2010 on wax, yet it's still available today. Meaning less that 500 people listen to Suma (on vinyl). Which is kinda sad... but also good news for anyone here that wants it/doesn't have it. 

http://sumanoise.bandcamp.com/album/let-the-churches-burn-2lp

Suma is such a killer band with a sick guitar and bass tone. One of my favorite doom bands. From what I can recall, they’ve only been to the United States once and that was in 2010. They toured with Unearthly Trance and that’s when I picked up my copy of Let the Churches Burn. Suma’s live set up is different than most bands because the drummer is front and center and the singer stands in the back. Besides my brother and myself, there were probably a total of maybe 15-20 people to see them play.

I’m glad you checked them out and definitely look for all of their albums, especially Ashes. It’s just as good. By the way, I read that they may be releasing a new album this year. I’m super excited for that.