Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I just can't justify most of these "die hard" releases, so I go for the next most limited thing. This orange looks really nice too, not just a solid bright orange.

Indeed. I love coloured vinyl as much as the next guy but I'm finding these super exclusive releases to be a bit excessive to be honest. In all truthfulness, how much would anyone wear for example the cloak that came with STB's Ancient Warlocks die hard box? It's a cool keepsake and all but some of this additional stuff seems to go beyond what is really necessary (I know, I know, a matter of perspective).

Just seems this most limited craze is only gaining momentum. I remember when gatefolds seemed a rarity among the usual two-sided panel sleeve but now gatefold's the norm (which I am all for as it does the artwork better justice). I still dished out 40$+overseas shipping for the recent Grouper release that Liz Harris screenprinted her own artwork on so not judging in any way. Just wondering. I'm still trying to figure this stuff out for myself.

Also, actually came here to post this. Not sure how I've managed to forget about this one. One of the best and most surprising releases this year. Zaum's Oracles. I don't have enough good words for this. Just gave it a second listen and took a bunch of photos along the way.

http://zaum.bandcamp.com/

10802506_428024854014830_1719164517_n.jp

Indeed. I love coloured vinyl as much as the next guy but I'm finding these super exclusive releases to be a bit excessive to be honest. In all truthfulness, how much would anyone wear for example the cloak that came with STB's Ancient Warlocks die hard box? It's a cool keepsake and all but some of this additional stuff seems to go beyond what is really necessary (I know, I know, a matter of perspective).

Just seems this most limited craze is only gaining momentum. I remember when gatefolds seemed a rarity among the usual two-sided panel sleeve but now gatefold's the norm (which I am all for as it does the artwork better justice). I still dished out 40$+overseas shipping for the recent Grouper release that Liz Harris screenprinted her own artwork on so not judging in any way. Just wondering. I'm still trying to figure this stuff out for myself.

Also, actually came here to post this. Not sure how I've managed to forget about this one. One of the best and most surprising releases this year. Zaum's Oracles. I don't have enough good words for this. Just gave it a second listen and took a bunch of photos along the way.

http://zaum.bandcamp.com/

10802506_428024854014830_1719164517_n.jp

Yeah i mentioned these guys awhile back too as a great release i was unaware of. that vinyl looks dope. Will have to track itdown

I closed one eye and found a confirmation email. 

I'll fire off a polite question tomorrow.

Apparently, when the site first went up, it was jacked. 

It took orders, charged money, but didn't put the orders through.

Dan was super cool and offered me a black copy or a refund. 

Perhaps sadly, I went with the refund, only because October was so god damned expensive.

Good guy though. Got right back to me.