Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Not sure if anyone would be interested but if anyone missed out on Ancient Warlocks I might be selling mine. Only listened once.

I have one...but that's one band I wouldn't mind variant collecting. Which one is it?

Also, did you check your Moon Curse? I'm anxious to seeeeeee.

Came here to post about the Summoner discount...but

Get Your Gun, a band from Denmark is most recommended check out. Not exactly in the doom-stoner territory, more bluesy and deserty. I suppose they're sound is best described as twang. Real heavy on the atmosphere and western imagery.

Funny story about how I found out about them. Caught them by accident at a festival where the heavy genres are severely underrepresented. Were hanging at a different stage that we weren't into and by chance made our way to their tent and only caught like two or three songs off their set as they were finishing up. To my surprise both the lady and I were into them immediately though and agreed to get their LP right there and then. Needless to say that's a good live show, just clicked right ther and then. Also talked to the vocalist for a bit afterwards and found out they'd had many shows in my area already and sure enough they also had another show right where I live a month ago.

I don't think their vinyl is available to buy in the US yet but perhaps sometime soon. It's a good listen either way. They've got some sick studio-ish live recordings up on the tube

Just wanted to post about a new band call Kind. It has members of Elder, Hackman, Slapshot, Roadsaw, and Rosmanov in it. The song below sounds killer. I'm definitely going to get this whenever it is released.

https://soundcloud.com/iron-malden/kind-hordeolum-rough-mix

Looks like sleeps vol 1 is getting a repress.

https://midheaven.com/item/volume-one-by-sleep-tupelo#.VG4EYzTF94k

So stoked. Logged into my Midheaven account...havent used it since I lived at my parents house probably 12 years ago. Yikes!

Anywho. So glad this is re-pressed, I've been waiting forever to pull the trigger on one of those boots that cost so much from Europe, super solid album though.

On a related note, that means that Dec. 9th I'll be looking for:

Both E. Wizard reissues, Tay Swift, Saves the Day, and Volume One, all arriving in the mail! yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!! It'll be a nicely eclectic group of shipments.

Looks like sleeps vol 1 is getting a repress.

https://midheaven.com/item/volume-one-by-sleep-tupelo#.VG4EYzTF94k

Wish there was more info. A 180 gram on black would be perfect. I gotta believe that this isn't "grab it this second or gone forever" limited. I really want it, but need to generate some cash. I have a feeling I will be able to find this in my local record stores since Tupelo is based in the Bay Area.

Get Your Gun, a band from Denmark is most recommended check out. Not exactly in the doom-stoner territory, more bluesy and deserty. I suppose they're sound is best described as twang. Real heavy on the atmosphere and western imagery.

Cool band. I need to investigate more. I would say they are in the, you will dig this if you like Nick Cave and Mark Lanegan type of genre.

http://other-electricities.com/album/oe040

Holly Hunt / Slomatics split is now on sale. Holly Hunt is so fucking sick! I live in south florida and see them play all the time! Well worth picking up for only $9 shipped.

I was excited until I saw it was a 7"

Riding Easy will have Salem's Pot - Sweeden records going up at some point, clear w/smoke/66 Don't know how many the got in. If one of you gets one and I don't, I will straight up murder you for it. Also black/75. That is all. Carry on.

is there any time line on when this is going up?  or just in the future. 

is there any time line on when this is going up?  or just in the future. 

"Soon" was what they said on instagram. I asked what that meant, but Riding Easy seems to either ignore me or respond dickishly, so I don't expect to find out.

On a brighter note, we're also going to see artwork for Goya/Wounded Giant split from STB soon, and Steve said he's shooting for a Jan. 3rd release date on that!

He said to keep an eye out on facebook/instagram for the artwork and a review coming up!