Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I heard back from the store I bought my copy of We Live from! They're going to replace my copy with two c/d records. Now that's customer service! Fuck rise above. I'll probably never buy from them again.

That's cool they are taking care of it. I'm still waiting for Armageddon to make good on the smashed Black Capricorn record they sent me.

Sad part is he will probably win, and I'll get screwed.

I sure hope not.

Horrible communication on his part, to say the least. That dude has it coming to him.

Shit, I haven't gotten around to getting a copy of it.  Can't pass up on that price.

Also guilty of this. I almost feel inadequate now. Want to get that hasheeshian wax so bad.

Anyone get a shipping notice from Windhand?

I got a response to my question about combining shipping on Thanksgiving. Dude said he'd look into refunding "once we get the ball rolling on shipping these out." With the holiday, and seemingly the band themselves shipping it all out, they'll be getting to it. I'm not in a big rush. He even mentioned just dropping them off at my house themselves, haha!

In case anyone was wondering about my paypal dispute the buyer started. I decided to escalate it myself. I added 10 pictures of photo evidence, a pdf of our entire conversation, and a pdf with links to my seller feedback. After he tried to extort more records off me, which I agreed to, he threatened me with a paypal refund again when I told him I had no boxes to ship immediately. I am not going down without a fight. He wanted my Sleep records, Uncle Acid records, and Acid Bath records....suckers going down!

edit: I sold him a Marilyn Manson record, he said it was damaged and wanted my Sleep records, Uncle Acid records and Acid Bath records to make up for it.

I got a response to my question about combining shipping on Thanksgiving. Dude said he'd look into refunding "once we get the ball rolling on shipping these out." With the holiday, and seemingly the band themselves shipping it all out, they'll be getting to it. I'm not in a big rush. He even mentioned just dropping them off at my house themselves, haha!

I got the same response, except for dropping them off at my house! You should have them do it and have instruments set up in your living room. Invite them in for a few beers and personal concert!

They probably got a lot of orders and it will most likely be a while. In reality I already have different versions of the records I ordered, so there's no rush.

I got a response to my question about combining shipping on Thanksgiving. 

I got the same response, except for dropping them off at my house! 

Damn, am I a sucker for asking about multiple order shipping refund in the PayPal comments of the second order?

I'm starting to think no one reads them...

Still, it's way too early to worry about shipping on these.

Who was it in here that was talking about Cough? I was at the record store today picked up a copy of An Introduction to the Black Arts with Cough and The Wounded Kings for $11. I picked it up because of the recommendation.

Donno who it was, but the Cough/Windhand split is sick also, since we're talking about both bands! :)

In case anyone was wondering about my paypal dispute the buyer started. I decided to escalate it myself. I added 10 pictures of photo evidence, a pdf of our entire conversation, and a pdf with links to my seller feedback. After he tried to extort more records off me, which I agreed to, he threatened me with a paypal refund again when I told him I had no boxes to ship immediately. I am not going down without a fight. He wanted my Sleep records, Uncle Acid records, and Acid Bath records....suckers going down!

edit: I sold him a Marilyn Manson record, he said it was damaged and wanted my Sleep records, Uncle Acid records and Acid Bath records to make up for it.

Is your guy joseph cabbibo? If so he is trying to unload a ton of records on facebook right now. No manson listed though.

It is. (I noticed the name in his spoilered convo with the dude.)

Ah i didnt see that. I saw that list and was like thats some cool stuff id like. Then i saw him slinging signed billy corgan stuff and his fb pictures are wrestling and thought uh oh... Needless to say not buying from him. He also sold 3 zepplin albums for 75 bucks because they are "original and clean" so not sure who took that plunge... You can get clean copies at local shops for 8-12 bucks...

Ah i didnt see that. I saw that list and was like thats some cool stuff id like. Then i saw him slinging signed billy corgan stuff and his fb pictures are wrestling and thought uh oh... Needless to say not buying from him. He also sold 3 zepplin albums for 75 bucks because they are "original and clean" so not sure who took that plunge... You can get clean copies at local shops for 8-12 bucks...

Haha, glad you didn't buy from him. That's nuts for those Led Zep albums. Someone was an idiot, on that stuff.

yeah, after a little research he has a little shp online and instagram named Shiekh Records. He's totally just trying to take my shit and sell it.

Wait, whut?

I've been making out with sweet lady gin, but that guy's posted links to his store here in the last year.

Search it yourselves, I'm drunk.

Wait, whut?

I've been making out with sweet lady gin, but that guy's posted links to his store here in the last year.

Search it yourselves, I'm drunk.

yup, that's the fucker. Probably going to make out with my cash. Said he's convinced I sold him a bunk record to "pawn it off on him." My feedback just screams I sell bunk records to pawn off on people.