Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Got my Horsehunter record today. Same haze variant as pictured. This record is really doing it. I'm gonna have to say that this is the best stoner/doom release that I have bought this year. It will be difficult to not be stupid and try to buy the other variants.

Got my Horsehunter record today. Same haze variant as pictured. This record is really doing it. I'm gonna have to say that this is the best stoner/doom release that I have bought this year. It will be difficult to not be stupid and try to buy the other variants.

Definitely agree. Some hard hitting tunes. Still looking to get a copy. Really waiting to see when it will be possible to grab the other variants.

I just heard back from Mike at Magnetic Eye and the gold/red haze edition is limited to 100. Score! Also, it was supposed to be black. Now, black is going to the distributors as well as the other colors. He didn't specify who will get which colors. Wouldn't be surprised if All That Is Heavy got a special color, though I don't think MER has done any promo with them in the past? All this and digital will be out 4/21.

So last night, I pick up my buddy and drive over to the Elder show.  While looking for parking, I suddenly start to feel some bubbling in my guts.  Figuring something was imminent, and not wanting to have to use the venue bathroom, I drive over to a Kroger to use their facilities.  Things get back, and it starts as I'm walking.  I'm freaking out but trying to look calm, and it probably isn't working as I'm shuffling toward the bathroom. I finish up in there, throw out my ruined boxes, and we head to the show.  I do not explain any of this to my friend.  The show is way fun, I drink some beers, do some shots, rock out.  A friend of ours opened for Elder, and they're crashing at his house, so we head over there afterward to drink more beers and pass some joints.  So, my night started with shitting my pants and ended getting with getting stoned with Elder.  YOU'RE WELCOME, WIZARDS!

So last night, I pick up my buddy and drive over to the Elder show.  While looking for parking, I suddenly start to feel some bubbling in my guts.  Figuring something was imminent, and not wanting to have to use the venue bathroom, I drive over to a Kroger to use their facilities.  Things get back, and it starts as I'm walking.  I'm freaking out but trying to look calm, and it probably isn't working as I'm shuffling toward the bathroom. I finish up in there, throw out my ruined boxes, and we head to the show.  I do not explain any of this to my friend.  The show is way fun, I drink some beers, do some shots, rock out.  A friend of ours opened for Elder, and they're crashing at his house, so we head over there afterward to drink more beers and pass some joints.  So, my night started with shitting my pants and ended getting with getting stoned with Elder.  YOU'RE WELCOME, WIZARDS!

Thank you for this. We need more gambling and losing stories. I could tell you why not to eat a delicious fish called Escolar, which goes by many other names, but ends in something that is quite unbelievable.

Magnetic Eye put up copies of the formerly sold out Theia by Elephant Tree. Limited to 100 tri-color. Cool stuff. If you missed out on the /100 you might want to jump now. I don't know how many they put in the store.

http://merchnow.com/catalogs/magnetic-eye-records

Listen here http://store.merhq.com/album/theia

Magnetic Eye put up copies of the formerly sold out Theia by Elephant Tree. Limited to 100 tri-color. Cool stuff. If you missed out on the /100 you might want to jump now. I don't know how many they put in the store.

http://merchnow.com/catalogs/magnetic-eye-records

Listen here http://store.merhq.com/album/theia

Wow. This is great stuff. Ordered.