Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Thats a kickass line up.

It sure is. Im breaking my no bar show rule for it. Getting 5 hours of sleep for work is no fun. Damn shows starting at 10 pm...

Unrelated i am taking a treck to NYC next month for work and will have some downtime to go poke around. Does anyone know some places that have a good stoner/doom selection? There are a few shops i have been to before and they have a splash of everything or are insanely overpriced because "vinyl is cool"

...still waiting on my STB 7"s. *sigh*

Hochelaga is killer. With the exchange rate against the Euro being so good, even the price directly from Totem Cat wasnt as bad as some American Distro releases. I think it cost me $26 with shipping from France. Are there any on Discogs for decent prices?

Saw Dopethrone at Desertfest and had a few beers with them afterward. Awesome guys. Got them to sign a few LPs

I'm all about this Acid Witch buttrock EP.  I want to force myself to like the Slasher Dave albums because 80s horror synth seems like it should be cool, but I'm not super into it yet.  I'll keep working on it.

Hey digit audio guys, what do you use to convert flac to something itunes will recognize?  WinRAR expired or something.

Sub question: Are there any good torrent sites for music?  I'm an old guy who doesn't understand file sharing and I just use Pirate Bay, but it can be hard to find my kind of jams.

I'm all about this Acid Witch buttrock EP. I want to force myself to like the Slasher Dave albums because 80s horror synth seems like it should be cool, but I'm not super into it yet. I'll keep working on it.

Hey digit audio guys, what do you use to convert flac to something itunes will recognize? WinRAR expired or something.

Sub question: Are there any good torrent sites for music? I'm an old guy who doesn't understand file sharing and I just use Pirate Bay, but it can be hard to find my kind of jams.

I find it easier to just google "band name" "album" "mediafire download" and grab a .zip of most stuff anymore.

what are the odds they have any colored lps (geezer)

Geezer has an LP (it is currently hidden) 2 shirts, patches,tapes. Whatever the LP is it is 20 bucks.

Edit; it looked like the geezer was the halloween cover. I didnt get the chance to ask though. All three of the bands absolutely crushed but unfortunately only did so in front of like 15 people. Like 3/4 of the shirts had designs i just cannotbwear at my age anymore. Geezer had a really awesome one but then it had a huge pair of boobs right dead center on it so couldnt get that...

Hey dudes. I posted this in another thread, but I'm just so stoked to finally have all the full lengths that I finally took a photo.

2qvxl36.jpg

Only thing of real note is that 1st press Witchcult though.

Edit: Just realized that I've spent a buttload on Electric Wizard stuff over the years.

Hey dudes. I posted this in another thread, but I'm just so stoked to finally have all the full lengths that I finally took a photo.

2qvxl36.jpg

Only thing of real note is that 1st press Witchcult though.

Edit: Just realized that I've spent a buttload on Electric Wizard stuff over the years.

Nice socks, dummy!

Nice socks, dummy!

Most metal shit in that photo!

Also, not sure if you dudes are into prints and shit, but this guy is one of my favorite and put up some sleep 12"x12" prints and also just has a bunch of badass stuff I can't spend money on right now. Check it.

http://samaritanpress.org/collections/print

I doooo have one of those badass Sleep Australian tour prints. I think we went hard on those a while ago in this thread.

Superchief record is up at MER and shipping soon now. Two cool colors /100. Went for the splattery. Wasn't into it at first, but dig it now. Vocals remind me a tiny bit of Gary Floyd from Sister Double Happiness and The Dicks.

http://store.merhq.com/album/trophy-room

Cool to see a local band getting some recognition.  Seen them more times than I can count.  Singer is a bit of a goofball, but pretty solid heavy rock music.  Supposed to be meeting up with them sometime to get myself a couple copies of the splatter.

Okay then...

Anyways, i stumbled down the spotify rabbit hole and found these guys. Slow and epic doom that is pretty great.

Great band. I bought a download of the album Mannheim a few years ago from bandcamp, but never seeked out any of their records. I haven't listened to them in while but thanks to you, I'll revisit them tonight.

Neurosis just announced a tour with brothers of the sonic cloth, sumac and the body. Holy fucking tour batman.

mother of satan, that's a killer lineup.

I might go to this even though I'm not a huge Neurosis fan

e: here are the dates for the lazys

7/31/2015 Liberty Hall - Lawrence, KS w/ Brothers Of The Sonic Cloth, The Body

8/01/2015 Mill City - Minneapolis, MN w/ Brothers Of The Sonic Cloth, The Body

8/02/2015 The Majestic - Madison, WI w/ Brothers Of The Sonic Cloth, The Body

8/03/2015 Thalia Hall - Chicago, IL w/ Brothers Of The Sonic Cloth, The Body

8/04/2015 Expo Five - Louisville, KY w/ Brothers Of The Sonic Cloth, The Body

8/05/2015 St. Andrews - Detroit, MI w/ Brothers Of The Sonic Cloth, The Body

8/06/2015 Opera House - Toronto, ON w/ Brothers Of The Sonic Cloth, The Body

8/07/2015 Heavy Montréal- Montréal, QC

8/08/2015 Paradise - Boston, MA w/ Brothers Of The Sonic Cloth, Sumac, The Body

8/09/2015 Warsaw - Brooklyn, NY w/ Brothers Of The Sonic Cloth, Sumac

8/11/2015 Union Transfer - Philadelphia, PA w/ Brothers Of The Sonic Cloth, Sumac

8/12/2015 Broadberry - Richmond, VA w/ Brothers Of The Sonic Cloth, Sumac

8/14/2015 Masquerade - Atlanta, GA w/ Brothers Of The Sonic Cloth, Sumac

8/15/2015 House Of Blues - New Orleans, LA w/ Brothers Of The Sonic Cloth, Iron Tongue

8/16/2015 Warehouse Live - Houston, TX w/ Brothers Of The Sonic Cloth, Pinkish Black

I'll be at the August 11 show. If you've never been to a Neurosis show before i highly recommend you go. You'll leave the show with your ears ringing, a smile on your face and a feeling of "Holy Shit!!, that was fucking awesome." I've seen them a couple of times and they never disappoint me....Plus Sumac is an opener and that makes this day even better.

I wish i could make that philly show but a 5 hr drive and a tuesday make it pretty much impossible. That date is extra nice because i could have seen sumac and not the body who i have seen before... Oh well. I just have come to the realization that neurosis will never play pittsburgh and it is what it is.

Also my bongripper LP showed up today randomly. So that was neat.

If you've never been to a Neurosis show before i highly recommend you go. You'll leave the show with your ears ringing, a smile on your face and a feeling of "Holy Shit!!, that was fucking awesome." 

Yes, ear protection is vital at a Neurosis show. I forgot and had to use bar napkins. My teeth were vibrating from the volume of the bass and I was not in the pit. Shit was LOUD!!!!!!

You really cant go wrong with any yob record.

I went to a local shop today and their used metal bin was busting at the seams with a bunch of black metal and doomy type stuff. Had to limit my purchases. Grabbed that ice dragon record that was reccommended a few pages back as well as kvelertak meir. Some stuff was a bit more than new prices online. Oh well.