Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Maybe I'm spoiled from getting the amazing HoF record for $9, but I don't think I'm willing to pay $30 to preorder this, especially after hearing their new song.  It's kinda boring, and I think I'm gonna pass if the rest of the record is like it.  Maybe they'll put out a new single and I'll change my mind, but I'm not feeling this one (and this is coming from someone who likes Warp Riders more than the rest of their discography).

On an unrelated note, I saw Melvins perform an excellent set in NYC two nights ago and picked up a tour exclusive 10" split with Le Butcherettes, which sounds great and is on pretty red with black and white splatter vinyl.  In between the Le Butcherettes and Melvins sets, voidmanes played about 15 minutes of harsh noise, which seemed to split the crowd into two camps, one who were moshing and loving it, and one who booed and chanted "Melvins" until they got pushed around by the moshers.  I didn't really dig the music but the little war in the audience was entertaining.

Maybe I'm spoiled from getting the amazing HoF record for $9, but I don't think I'm willing to pay $30 to preorder this, especially after hearing their new song. It's kinda boring, and I think I'm gonna pass if the rest of the record is like it. Maybe they'll put out a new single and I'll change my mind, but I'm not feeling this one (and this is coming from someone who likes Warp Riders more than the rest of their discography).

On an unrelated note, I saw Melvins perform an excellent set in NYC two nights ago and picked up a tour exclusive 10" split with Le Butcherettes, which sounds great and is on pretty red with black and white splatter vinyl. In between the Le Butcherettes and Melvins sets, voidmanes played about 15 minutes of harsh noise, which seemed to split the crowd into two camps, one who were moshing and loving it, and one who booed and chanted "Melvins" until they got pushed around by the moshers. I didn't really dig the music but the little war in the audience was entertaining.

After hearing the song I'm off this record :/ sucks when a band you love drastically alters their sound in a way you don't enjoy.

Saw the melvins open for down abou 7 years ago and they blew down out of the water. So good.

I actually left after a few down songs because they were so awful and the sound at the venue suckeddddd

I like Down but they're definitely overrated.  I think Phil is the weakest link in the group, watching their 2013 Hellfest set with Kate Richardson singing on an Eyehategod cover and Kirk Windstein singing on a Crowbar cover was better than Phil singing the rest of the set, even when Kate came in too early and Kirk being out of tune.

I'm a little surprised, but I think I really like that new Magnetic Eye Records band Brond.

Good looking out. I saw they had something coming up but with that un-finished artwork didn't bother to give it a chance. Just gave it a listen and it's quite interesting. Recalls to mind a mixture of Hark, Helms Alee and At The Drive In...or something. Magnetic Eye Records doesn't do any wrong. Mr. Vitali behind it seems like such a solid due.

It's kind of funny how the album is titled Lava Divers and the track itself is mis-spelled as Lava Drivers

http://store.merhq.com/album/feint

Also kind of weirded out by The Sword's new track. I can kinf of get into it because I very much want to but it's just a bit too alt/country/radio-rock sounding for my tastes. Seems like a filler track to put out as a first single. Doesn't really seem like they've improved their songwriting drastically or anything. Rather the opposite seems to be the case, sadly.

And I am also very much fiending that Ecstatic Vision LP. Relapse is really killing it on the colour front. Too bad they still don't have proper EU presence.

Good looking out. I saw they had something coming up but with that un-finished artwork didn't bother to give it a chance. Just gave it a listen and it's quite interesting. Recalls to mind a mixture of Hark, Helms Alee and At The Drive In...or something. Magnetic Eye Records doesn't do any wrong. Mr. Vitali behind it seems like such a solid due.

It's kind of funny how the album is titled Lava Divers and the track itself is mis-spelled as Lava Drivers

http://store.merhq.com/album/feint

Also kind of weirded out by The Sword's new track. I can kinf of get into it because I very much want to but it's just a bit too alt/country/radio-rock sounding for my tastes. Seems like a filler track to put out as a first single. Doesn't really seem like they've improved their songwriting drastically or anything. Rather the opposite seems to be the case, sadly.

And I am also very much fiending that Ecstatic Vision LP. Relapse is really killing it on the colour front. Too bad they still don't have proper EU presence.

As much as I hate to say it I'm passing on the sword for a while. That single is garbage...I don't want to hear the sword sing about fireflies and butterflies and shit...I want bastard swords and axes, dammit!

I got a real contemporary southern rock vibe off of it :/

Damn. Wish I'd jumped on that 8.99 chance then. People are receiving both grey and the 'rainbow' starburst mixes through that though so it wasn't guaranteed. Still beats buying a copy off someone for +40$. I really didn't think it would turn out that good looking, otherwise I'd have gone through indiemerch

There used to be two up on Discogs for 20$ but they've been pulled now. Bummer.

I filed a claim this morning. I preordered a record on April 8. Sometime in May, ATIH got copies of this record but I never received mine from doooomed.com. If the guy is too sick to run his label, have a family member or friend work with the administrator of his website to let his customers know what is going on. I know he sent something in May about him being sick but another update is needed. Now that the website is offline I had to file the claim to get my money back.

It case anyone else filed a claim against doooomed.com, I won the case and received my money back. Good luck to anyone who filed a claim and hopefully you win too.

Its a shame dooomed will be no more (hopefully not permanent). He always had some great stuff at not horrible prices. Now to find another distro becides all that is heavy to buy all my stuff...

Yeah :( I feel bad for the dude and always loved doooomed. ATIH is great...but sometimes a little overpriced, so I always went with doooomed if I could.

If you find another good distro, let us know!

Thanks for posting. Picked up a copy of each even though I already own a first press of Through Silver in Blood. My Times of Grace was destroyed when my parents house got flooded. Anyway, if multiple up-votes were allowed, I'd give you several.

Glad to help. These as well as the dillinger escape plan stuff is what ive been waiting for so im pretty excited. I hope there are more neurosis reissues they have planned for this year but happy with these three regardless.

Would really like a repress of eye of every storm and given to the rising but maybe they will hold off. Im sure they dont want to just purge through their back catalogue of OOP titles this year alone.