Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Got to see CHRCH last night open up for Goya and Bongripper. It was a good night to test out some new earplugs I bought. HEAVY. CHRCH was pretty impressive and I'm going to try and see one of their other upcoming shows. Goya was cool, but the bass was a little too much in the mix and there was some sort of pedal chain problem with the guitar. Bongripper was crushing. It was late and fucking hot, so I only lasted for two songs. It's so rare for me to actually dig all the bands playing a show, so this was a great night. 

Got the see CHRCH last night open up for Goya and Bongripper. It was a good night to test out some new earplugs I bought. HEAVY. CHRCH was pretty impressive and I'm going to try and see one of their other upcoming shows. Goya was cool, but the bass was a little too much in the mix and there was some sort of pedal chain problem with the guitar. Bongripper was crushing. It was late and fucking hot, so I only lasted for two songs. It's so rare for me to actually dig all the bands playing a show, so this was a great night.

That sounds incredible!

That sounds incredible!

It was.

Anyone lucky enough to have already scored the CHRCH record, if you got a payment confirmation you are good. It was apparently a computer "glitch". The rest of the 300 will be up in the first week of August. All 180 gram black for this first pressing.

Got to see CHRCH last night open up for Goya and Bongripper. It was a good night to test out some new earplugs I bought. HEAVY. CHRCH was pretty impressive and I'm going to try and see one of their other upcoming shows. Goya was cool, but the bass was a little too much in the mix and there was some sort of pedal chain problem with the guitar. Bongripper was crushing. It was late and fucking hot, so I only lasted for two songs. It's so rare for me to actually dig all the bands playing a show, so this was a great night. 

I was at that show too! The bass was a little much, but I was feeling it! I did the same thing with Bongripper, one song and a two hour drive home. Aren't you a teacher too? Are we the same person? haha

That is fantastic news. Did you talk to the band on this.

Also jealous you got to see that show. That would NEVER come to pittsburgh.

Didn't get to talk to the band. Just got info through FB pestering. I guess they had merch there, but I didn't see it. Too many people lurking in front of the tables and I didn't have the patience. I do feel grateful that the bill was only three bands and I dug all of them.

I was at that show too! The bass was a little much, but I was feeling it! I did the same thing with Bongripper, one song and a two hour drive home. Aren't you a teacher too? Are we the same person? haha

That's funny. Yep, I also have the summers off! We should probably plan a meet up at one of these shows. Going to see Windhand at The Chapel. That will completely rip!

That's funny. Yep, I also have the summers off! We should probably plan a meet up at one of these shows. Going to see Windhand at The Chapel. That will completely rip!

Sounds good to me. I go back this Friday for a teacher workday and then students next Wednesday. Just awful.

I'll be at that Windhand/Monolord show too. And Uncle Acid in September at Slim's. 

Sounds good to me. I go back this Friday for a teacher workday and then students next Wednesday. Just awful.

I'll be at that Windhand/Monolord show too. And Uncle Acid in September at Slim's. 

Sucks. I got a few more weeks before I have to report.

Forgot Monolord was playing with Windhand. Another epic bill. Looking forward to seeing Power Trip at Thee Parkside in a couple weeks.

A little late, but I passed on the Geezer/Boraccho split for the price as well.  $30 for a single LP is steep, let alone a split.  Other labels can put out a 12" split for $20 or less, so I don't understand the $30 price tag.  It's too bad as I like both of those bands, but at some point I have to draw a line and $30 is well over that line.

Stoked for Bongripper's 10th anniversary show in less than two weeks.  Im hoping they have some screen-printed vinyl like the last time I saw them in 2013.  Probably a pipe-dream though. 

Also for sale is druglord, king buffalo obi, bongripper hate Ashbury roadburn, wounded giant on white and across tundra

How so? All good stuff that some of I would snag off you in a heartbeat if I wasn't broke and US shipping wasn't so unappealing. ^_^

Also, that Sacri Monti LP put out by Tee Pee absolutely rips. First track is insane

All you dudes fiending some Magnetic Eye Records releases can use 'summer25' to get a discount on any of their releases. Those Horsehunter LPs also still available with two variants to choose from as well.

http://store.merhq.com/album/caged-in-flesh

Wanted to finally buy that elephant tree and its sold out.  bastards!

Kylesa just annoucned a tour to support the new record. Inter arma is opening which is pretty awesome as well.

If this tour was happening a few years ago I would probably stay to see Kylesa but nowadays they don't blow me away anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still like them, but I feel they peaked a few records ago. In my opinion they're probably not worth seeing anymore. I have seen them more than a handful of times and they always put on a great show. So hopefully this doesn't discourage anyone from seeing them. However, I would probably just go to the show to see Inter Arma and then leave. Love that band.

If this tour was happening a few years ago I would probably stay to see Kylesa but nowadays they don't blow me away anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still like them, but I feel they peaked a few records ago. In my opinion they're probably not worth seeing anymore. I have seen them more than a handful of times and they always put on a great show. So hopefully this doesn't discourage anyone from seeing them. However, I would probably just go to the show to see Inter Arma and then leave. Love that band.

I havent seen them in like 5 years but i would assume they wont live up to what they used to. They toured endlessly for years so i feel i saw them at least twice a year, be it headlining or supporting. They havent rolled through pittsburgh in quite some time so ill go for old time sakes, and my wife likes them and she has never seen them.