Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

A deadly combination right there.

I actually found it difficult to listen to Windhand after being so deep into Church because they kind of blow the former out of the water with their prolonged heaviness. Windhand has really resorted more to pop structures on GIF. And when I say that I mean that in not a bad way at all. The new record is damn-near perfect but the tracks themselves separately are not as ambitious compositionally perhaps and so took some getting used to, needed some lowering of expectations in that department.

Also, second track from Dying Surfer streaming

http://www.purevolume.com/news/LISTEN-All-Them-Witches-Open-Passageways-Stream

Windhand first, then! :)

There is a pre-order for Lightning at the Door on Amazon.ca with a sept 18th release date.  Not sure if it is the same a the mysterious disappearing colour version, but I took a chance and ordered it.

This whole thing trips me out. I can't find the listing on Amazon.com and yet it is in my order history. It says it hasn't shipped, but when I click tracking it says it will be here tomorrow. Plus I haven't heard anything from ATW about this colored version with an extra 7". I guess I might find out the mystery tomorrow.

There is a pre-order for Lightning at the Door on Amazon.ca with a sept 18th release date.  Not sure if it is the same a the mysterious disappearing colour version, but I took a chance and ordered it.

That would mean that along with their new album New West is doing a repress as well which isn't wholly implausible. It says two discs also so perhaps that's the 7" included there?

*Edit - the bio on Itunes confirms it so

The label licensed Lightning at the Door for reissue.

I'm glad I'm not crazy about ATW, because I'm spending too much money on records in the coming months/today.

That fucking Neko Case box set that comes out in November, The Promise Ring reissue POs today, and Baroness in December? That's like $300 right there! Plus early 2016 more Iced Earth reissues, Goya, Ancient Warlocks 2, and possibly the new Wounded Giant? Gahhhhhhhhhh.

Mine says it's expected tomorrow but it also says that it hasn't shipped yet, nor have I been charged for it. since they don't charge until it ships, I think it's safe to say that neither of us will be getting it tomorrow.

Well, thanks for fuckin' up my Friday. I'm still holding out hope that this non-existent free record shows up on my doorstep delivered by a unicorn wearing white gloves. No pissing on my parade.

Today was an awesome mail day! Got my Goya shirt, Windhand - Grief's Infernal Flower, and my Blood Farmers and Electric Wizard patches in the mail! Wearing Goya shirt, listened to Windhand, and put my patches on my jacket :)

Nice score. Now I'm thinking I should have jumped on one of the shirts, but I already have too many shirts with pentagrams and shit, I just figured I didn't need a weed shirt. That one would actually be worse if I saw a student in public.

Nice score. Now I'm thinking I should have jumped on one of the shirts, but I already have too many shirts with pentagrams and shit, I just figured I didn't need a weed shirt. That one would actually be worse if I saw a student in public.

Hahaha! Right? I'm almost afraid to wear it out! It's pretty slick though, and if you change your mind they still have more, just not many GITD ones!

I forgot i was watching those black pyramid records.son of a bitch and stuff.

Did anyone see the post from stb about the die hards of the new doctor doom having another doctor doom record? Im assuming that was the hinted repress of the first ep. Its gonna be a bitch to get that die hard now...

Also uncle acid show was quite fun. Ecstatic vision were really awesome. My wife hated them. The show was supposed to start at 9 so we got there at 845 and they were already playing. I missed half of the first song which was a bummer because they played 3 total. Ruby the hatchet were also cool. I ran into an old friend so was talking to her for a while and missed a few songs where i was kinda half listening.

Uncle acids sound guy was just dreadful. The vocals were so high and guitars were so low. Didnt always compliment their singing style and when they would yell to the crowd in between songs it would cause you to wince in pain. They played 14 songs and probably could have cut 3 that didnt flow welll/people seemed uninterested and had a tight 11 song set. All and all though glad i went and they put on a great show.

Also congrats on the new addition!

Contrary to what the one dude in that thread said, it's pretty fucking stellar. :)

yeah i saw that about the diluted Soma comment....haha

i really love the packaging on this.  love the artwork and the glossy letters on the sleeve.  my only gripe is the damn gatefold jacket.  don't get me wrong that thing is built like a fucking tank but i always find it difficult to get the records in these thick ass sleeves.