Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I keep on listening to Merlin trying to figure out if I really need it. The first song is great, but the others I am on the fence about. They kinda remind of Le Betre, but not nearly as awesome. I guess that is why I haven't bought it yet. I think I really just want more Le Betre.

Is it just me, or is the dude who runs Magnetic Eye Records kind of a dick? Am I in the wrong here? I feel like I was much more polite than I could have been.

I think he could have been a little more polite in his responses, but he's definitely not as huge a dick as the RE guy. I think he probably took it a little personally even though you were really polite, and he probably feels bad so he's a little defensive.

Well, unfortunately, those responses are enough to make me think twice about buying anything from him again. I feel like all of us who backed the project have been more than patient and I feel we all deserve being replied to a little nicer.

His excuse of not having time is out the window for me, considering how long of a pre order this was.

Well, unfortunately, those responses are enough to make me think twice about buying anything from him again. I feel like all of us who backed the project have been more than patient and I feel we all deserve being replied to a little nicer.

His excuse of not having time is out the window for me, considering how long of a pre order this was.

True. His excuse about time is definite bullshit

I can understand why you're not happy. I ordered my Watchtower 10 inch from him a looooong time ago and I could have sworn he said it was the only pressing. Now, they have some smaller more limited pressings available that I could have just purchased now. All in all I still like the way he does things and have not had any real problems with him.

I can understand why you're not happy. I ordered my Watchtower 10 inch from him a looooong time ago and I could have sworn he said it was the only pressing. Now, they have some smaller more limited pressings available that I could have just purchased now. All in all I still like the way he does things and have not had any real problems with him.

Plus 30% off right now... got that /25 clear/white for $11.90

30% off? Go on...

Also fhe winhand monolord show for me is tonight and i have to miss it. Stupid people visiting from out of town i never see...

Anyone going to a date and willing to scoop up a monolord shirt for me? Can discuss logistics later but first beer is on me if you do.

Boooooo. I'm going on Thursday. I'll see what I can do!

Good on you for calling it like you see it. A few people called him out on it on FB and I thought his responses were a bit shady. I can't really hate on the guy but perhaps he should think about getting some paid help to get all those things sorted.

I definitely feel it is a kick in the balls. I also definitely understand the difficulty with it being a one man operation out of his spare time but he could've sorted that out in the pre-order period, as you said. It also seems to be difficult for him to judge the pressing size as a few albums have gone up with the disclaimer 'STRICLY LIMITED TO 50' (Horsehunter) or 'STRICTLY LIMITED TO SUBSCRIBERS' (Watchtower). I've been suspecting long that it's all just intended hype. Not that it's necessarily to fault. You gotta do what you gotta do to keep such a small DIY label afloat and he's not tricking anyone out of their money per se.

He promised there would be an inquiry about possible updated adresses and wax preferences on the Hendrix so we'll see. I put in an order for both the main album and the 'best of' record so perhaps that might allow for some time alotted for extra inquiries.