Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Yob merch report:

• 3-4 t-shirt designs, all killer. $20 ea. Stuff I hadn't seen yet.

• "Clearing the path" hoodie. 

• LP's, $25/ea: Clearing the Path... , Catharsis, Great Cessation, Atma

• Trucker hats, stickers, etc.

How was the show? How was Black Cobra? I'm sure both YOB and Black Cobra destroyed the place. 

Listening to Electric Ladyland Redux right now. So far, the All Them Witches track is tops. The problem I have with cover records is generally, "What's the point?". Unless bands are doing versions that dramatically differ from the original, I just end up wanting to listen to the original. Hendrix was frickin' phenomenal and if this makes people search out his stuff, then cool. Also, the sound on the record is a little flat. Last complaint, can labels please stop shipping records with goddamn badges like it is a cool extra? It just dents up the record cover and it pisses me off. Me grouchy.

Listening to Electric Ladyland Redux right now. So far, the All Them Witches track is tops. The problem I have with cover records is generally, "What's the point?". Unless bands are doing versions that dramatically differ from the original, I just end up wanting to listen to the original. Hendrix was frickin' phenomenal and if this makes people search out his stuff, then cool. Also, the sound on the record is a little flat. Last complaint, can labels please stop shipping records with goddamn badges like it is a cool extra? It just dents up the record cover and it pisses me off. Me grouchy.

I tend to agree on covers albums. I remember buying the between the buried and me covers album when it came out and wanting to hear their take on the songs, not them playing queen bicycle race pretty much exactly like queens was.

You guys may want to check out Mammoth Storm. Napalm Records has their album up for preorder. They kind of remind me of Conan. 

http://shop.napalmrecords.com/mammoth-storm-fornjot-purple-2-lp-gatefold.html

http://shop.napalmrecords.com/mammoth-storm-fornjot-lilac-2-lp-gatefold.html

This has been haunting me for days.  Finally took the plunge.  Preordered Fornjot from US Napalm...and 1st EP Rite Of Ascension from Euro Napalm.

The madness continues.

I dig the story, but the music doesn't sound anything close to metal IMO. They remind me of some other band from Europe that I can't remember. The band I'm thinking of sound something like Coldplay Metal. What the hell is the band's name that has epic videos and sensitive, soft metal songs?

This is the sound of freezing to death in a blizzard.

The Coldplay Metal group I was thinking of is Solstafir.

Woof not a fan. On a different note...fuckin....MONOLORD AND WINDHAND TONIGHT!!! Someone asked me to grab something if I remember correctly, yes? Who was that/what was it?

Also if those kitty cat patches are pretty cheap, anyone want one?