Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

alright i mean do i really need to spend 50 bucks on those 2 STB releases?  I am looking forward to the Red Wizard even though it seems unpopular here and i still haven't picked up the ancient warlocks.

or do i put it towards a new floor for our bathroom project.???  grown up decisions man.

::sigh:: right? I think I'm buying a grill instead of a bunch of doom records. I'm excited about the grill though.

Go with the floor and the grill. If you're like me, you probably have a bunch of records that you've only listened to a few times because you buy too many records and records can't be played when in the car or walking around. Just listen to those.

I'm not digging the new Salem's Pot song and the cover is stupid, like other people have mentioned. I'm also getting tired of the no DL code policy that Riding Easy seems to favor. I fucking pay all this money for a record you can at least give me a one use code, so I don't have to try and track it down somewhere for free. I still don't have The Well on mp3 because I don't feel like paying another $7 to be able to listen to it in my car. Not including a code with a record purchase means that I won't be listening as much and I won't be thinking about the band and thinking about seeing them and thinking about buying the next record or merch. I'm grumpy today. It's time for lunch.

Go with the floor and the grill. If you're like me, you probably have a bunch of records that you've only listened to a few times because you buy too many records and records can't be played when in the car or walking around. Just listen to those.

I'm not digging the new Salem's Pot song and the cover is stupid, like other people have mentioned. I'm also getting tired of the no DL code policy that Riding Easy seems to favor. I fucking pay all this money for a record you can at least give me a one use code, so I don't have to try and track it down somewhere for free. I still don't have The Well on mp3 because I don't feel like paying another $7 to be able to listen to it in my car. Not including a code with a record purchase means that I won't be listening as much and I won't be thinking about the band and thinking about seeing them and thinking about buying the next record or merch. I'm grumpy today. It's time for lunch.

Agreed. I should have held off on Salem's Pot knowing I didn't love the last 7". They're super nice dudes from the few interactions I've had with them though, so I can't feel too bad about ordering it.

All that is heavy went in limbo for a while when the owners were dealing wih some family health stuff. I think they havevbeen back for like 2 years now. Doooomed had kind of the same thing but remained closed.

I bought two copies of that red wizard because i am an idiot. Then went and put in an offer on a house so i assume ill be unloading a bunch of records soon if i get it. Yay adult stuff...

Yeah I'm going through my list now and going to sell a bunch. Problem is its not blink or brand new so I'm having some trouble selling....haha.

Feel free to take a look dudes but most of the stuff you would like I'm probably holding onto. It might be worth a shot though. I have been on a thrash purchasing kick lately.

Rollins talked about Dopesmoker in a recent LA Weekly article about his record obsession:

"I don’t know how many different color variations I have of Sleep’s Dopesmoker, but they all sound great to me and they’re all good to have around. Being surrounded by records just means you have a lot of listening to do. And seeing how easy it is to waste your time as you edge up on death, you might as well fill the hours with tunes."

they are on my short list. i need to get their older stuff first...haha. probably gonna drop money on the bundle if i can sell a couple records. they are doing things a little differently and they are up there on my fav thrash band at the moment.

They're so goooood. I snagged the bundle and they shipped the two older records a while back and they're just holding off on the new one!

Totally worth it btw. :)