Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

When I get back from work there will be a nice little Goya package waiting for me :) (Forever Dead, Forever Stoned)

woo!

edit:: got it. Packaging is pretty sweet even though I'm not crazy about the artwork. I don't think I realized it was a gatefold. Nice spot gloss too. I'd be interested to see what got messed up on the label that we ended up with stickers for sides and tracks. Probably just mislabeled.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

On 9/28/2016 at 5:10 PM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

When I get back from work there will be a nice little Goya package waiting for me :) (Forever Dead, Forever Stoned)

woo!

edit:: got it. Packaging is pretty sweet even though I'm not crazy about the artwork. I don't think I realized it was a gatefold. Nice spot gloss too. I'd be interested to see what got messed up on the label that we ended up with stickers for sides and tracks. Probably just mislabeled.

I love the artwork on this. It's so extra and over the top.

On 9/28/2016 at 2:10 PM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

woo!

That's funny, I actually like the artwork a lot. I dig most of Laney's work and wish I could get some tattoo work done by her. I didn't realize it until later, but she was the one working the merch table when I got our records signed by Goya and it was cool she got them all together to sign them. Finally listening to the record and I'm digging it, so far. 

8 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

That's funny, I actually like the artwork a lot. I dig most of Laney's work and wish I could get some tattoo work done by her. I didn't realize it until later, but she was the one working the merch table when I got our records signed by Goya and it was cool she got them all together to sign them. Finally listening to the record and I'm digging it, so far. 

Oh wow! That's really cool actually. (Thanks again for doing that :) )

On 9/26/2016 at 9:15 AM, Twistedshabazz said:

http://wastedtheory.bandcamp.com/releases

FFO bands like Wo Fat.  Has that swampy Stoner metal feel. LP is only 10 bucks if you dig it. 

https://slabdragger.bandcamp.com/album/regress

second cool find of the day. 

Love Slabdragger. First time I heard Wasted Theory though. I felt obligated to crack open a beer while listening to the album. Great stuff!

I wasn't suuuper crazy about this, but I think some of you might like it. I may just need to give it another couple listens.

https://facesofthebog.bandcamp.com/

Pretty generic, but enjoyable enough:

https://tombstoned.bandcamp.com/album/tombstoned

Also, that new Holy Serpent is pretty great.

24 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I hope I remember to buy this. I'm having blood and urine drawn at my house by the life insurance company that morning. Yay! Life insurance is important, kids!

I need to get on that shit. We already have some offered by my job, but is rather my wife be pretty well off if I die than have to struggle. Dammit, dude! Making me think about adult shit.

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I need to get on that shit. We already have some offered by my job, but is rather my wife be pretty well off if I die than have to struggle. Dammit, dude! Making me think about adult shit.

Sorry. No one likes to think about shit like this, but I also want my wife to be able to pay off the house (or vice versa) and only have to worry about how to get rid of all my records.

14 hours ago, Metal Mike said:

Shit...I've been buying records to provide for my wife. 

But seriously kids, think about to whom you are responsible. 

I think my wife considers my records a bit of a burden. I told her to let my buddy take care of it and let him take some for himself. Also told her about popsike and discogs. It's crazy to look at the estimated value of my collection on discogs, especially considering that it only lists value for things that have sold on that site.  I sure have spent a lot on stoner doom in the past couple years and I blame it entirely on all of you. Now, lets all get that Goya on Saturday!

51 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I think my wife considers my records a bit of a burden. I told her to let my buddy take care of it and let him take some for himself. Also told her about popsike and discogs. It's crazy to look at the estimated value of my collection on discogs, especially considering that it only lists value for things that have sold on that site.  I sure have spent a lot on stoner doom in the past couple years and I blame it entirely on all of you. Now, lets all get that Goya on Saturday!

Woo!

Yeah, I don't know what my wife will do with my records. I'd imagine she'll hang on to them for a while...then someone will have a great week at the thrift store.