Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Got my Toke record today. I ordered the Smoke edition and I thought they sent me black. You will only be able to tell that it's purple if you hold it up to light. I also can't tell if they actually sent me Smoke and not Grandaddy Purple because it looks like it could be either. Even more bummed that I didn't get the Mage. Haven't had a chance to spin it yet.

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

Got my Toke record today. I ordered the Smoke edition and I thought they sent me black. You will only be able to tell that it's purple if you hold it up to light. I also can't tell if they actually sent me Smoke and not Grandaddy Purple because it looks like it could be either. Even more bummed that I didn't get the Mage. Haven't had a chance to spin it yet.

Bummer :/

i was pretty disappointed with how my Keef Mountain record ended up looking too. Sounds fine, so that's good... But yeah, getting tired of labels showing off the most beautiful variant that nothing else lives up to/unrealistic mockups.

On 1/17/2017 at 9:50 PM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Bummer :/

i was pretty disappointed with how my Keef Mountain record ended up looking too. Sounds fine, so that's good... But yeah, getting tired of labels showing off the most beautiful variant that nothing else lives up to/unrealistic mockups.

On one hand I feel stupid for caring so much about the color, but it did look so bright in that picture they posted. In the end, I paid 25 bucks for the record and I'll complain if I damn well want to!;)

I feel like this would make a great thread with the mock up/label pick compared to the actual variant you receive, kinda like those nailed it pictures...

Had few fails recently if I was forum savvy I would post em, some are just a little disappointing (when they say cream and its just white),  others are more amusing fails (clear with black smoke that turns out all clear with a small black blob in the middle)...

13 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

https://blackprism.bandcamp.com/

Enjoying this tonight. RE put out their 7" but no vinyl release for the full length yet.

This is pretty damn good. It amazes me how something like this isn't pressed and yet so we get so many other crappy doom releases in various colors and configurations.

On 1/17/2017 at 11:41 PM, lexicondevil said:

This exact thing happened to me too.  Glad I checked here before I wrote them an email asking about it. Still sounds good!

If anyone somehow missed out on Holy Mountain when it got repressed FDR style from Earache...they put up a new press. For $15 it seems hard to beat.

It's on purple if you're curious.

http://uswebstore.earache.com/sleep-sleeps-holy-mountain-fdr-vinyl

If I didn't already own two copies of this album I'd probably jump on it.

35 minutes ago, nancy_raygun said:

That's a really good deal on that Holy Mountain.  Makes me feel like I overpaid when the repress was first released.

Seriously.

i guess earache actually repressed a bunch of their FDR stuf., so if the pricing turned you off on anything else they may have had a price drop too.

44 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Seriously.

i guess earache actually repressed a bunch of their FDR stuf., so if the pricing turned you off on anything else they may have had a price drop too.

Yeah I need to grab that new Morbid Angel press. Great prices all around.

Apologies if this has already been posted here. I don't frequent this thread, but I couldn't find it with the site search or google.

Masters Of Reality - Down In The Hole on green vinyl:

https://www.bongloadrecords.com/product-detail-bl-62

Limited to 1016. Not cheap.

I'm not really one for stoner rock, but if you don't like Third Man On The Moon, you don't like ANY sort of rock.

6 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

I just looked at the shop page for Curse the Son - Isolator and it says the vinyl is expected in March. Didn't it say January before? I have so many preorders just floating out there.

Wasn't it supposed to be ready before the Keef Mountain release?

Anyway, the only thing I care about on that label right now is that Hyborian album. Shit's tiiiiiiiiight.

Haven't been following the thread but glanced and didnt see mentiomed that the new Pallbearer is up for sale at merchtable.com Went up an hour ago while i was driving to work so i couldn't post then.

https://profoundlorerecords.merchtable.com/music/pre-order-pallbearer-heartless-2xlp-plus-digital-download-card-ships-week-of-march-24th-2017#.WItxMcuIbqB

Sorry if this has been mentioned a bunch.

edit:

I somehow managed to miss the entire PO thread about this release. 

Edited by 74R