Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

13 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Every time i go to magnetic eye’s store the prices have gone up. Why is that elephant tree 34 dollars?

It's been a while since I've looked at their site and that shit it ridiculous. They are slitting their own throats.

12 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Yeah...I can't imagine picking up anything from them at this point, an I haven't heard anything out of STB in a while. Even if they put out something, who knows if I'd pick it up at this point.

I haven't been all that excited about any of the releases by both of these labels for a while. Maybe I'm just being more selective because of the prices or the bands they're releasing aren't that interesting, though it's probably both.

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

It's been a while since I've looked at their site and that shit it ridiculous. They are slitting their own throats.

I haven't been all that excited about any of the releases by both of these labels for a while. Maybe I'm just being more selective because of the prices or the bands they're releasing aren't that interesting, though it's probably both.

Both for sure on my end.

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Its both. STB did a 25% off sale and i picked up a few things i had not purchased yet. I remember the days when it was a mad dashto get anything from them... was what text wizards was born from i believe. 

I think i saw stb is doing a new toke record which is cool. They seem to just release the same bands though. and their hardcore label did nothing as well. 

On 11/1/2017 at 2:53 PM, Metal Mike said:

I haven't checked it yet, but new Acid Witch is streaming.

https://acid-witch-detroit.bandcamp.com/album/evil-sound-screamers

I've never gotten into them before, but I'm liking this. I wonder when the vinyl version will be released.

45 minutes ago, Metal Mike said:

Yeah, good stuff.

I still listen to Stoned like twice a month. Love that album!

With me, and probably for a lot of us, it's right time, right music. When I first listened to Agalloch I was completely indifferent. Now, they are one of my top bands. I remember digging the Acid Witch art work, but it just didn't click then. Luckily, they only have two older albums, so getting them shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Anyone else have any bands that they didn't like the first time they listened to them(trying to reignite this thread)?

Edited by lexicondevil

10 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

With me, and probably for a lot of us, it's right time, right music. When I first listened to Agalloch I was completely indifferent. Now, they are one of my top bands. I remember digging the Acid Witch art work, but it just didn't click then. Luckily, they only have two older albums, so getting them shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Anyone else have any bands that they didn't like the first time they listened to them(trying to reignite this thread)?

https://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/half-off-vinyl-sale.asp

they have midnight movies for $6.67.

Conan demos up for PO a couple places. Called Man is Myth. I grabbed one off amazon $18ish shipped. Target allegedly has it for $12something too...I didn't want to take the chance though.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Conan demos up for PO a couple places. Called Man is Myth. I grabbed one off amazone $18ish shipped. Target alegedly has it for $12something too...I didn't want to take the chance though.

Good looking out...thanks...link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075TJZ4FZ/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

YOB:

We are thrilled to announce a deluxe reissue of our fifth full-length album 'The Great Cessation' through Relapse Records, available this December 8th. The album has been remastered by Heba Kadry (The Mars Volta, Diamanda Galás, Slowdive(band)) and includes new artwork, as well as two bonus tracks that were previously only available on vinyl.

Pre-Order: geni.us/YOBTGCPRE
YouTube: geni.us/YOBTGCYT
Streaming: geni.us/YOBTGCStream

0e1edc2a74e145eec83b1469456f1290.jpg

2d0ae7d2230c17b43159c4336c25093d.jpg

Edited by fizio59

On 11/2/2017 at 10:46 AM, lexicondevil said:

I decided I do not need my acid witch records.  i have midnight movies and stoned if you are interested in them send me a PM!

also has there been any word on relapse's black friday sale?  been saving up some titles I want to grab at 40% off...

Edited by Twistedshabazz

3 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

I was a little iffy on the vocals, but the guitars won me over. Need to listen a few more times before I commit my cash. Since they are new I don't think the green edition will be flying off the net this week.  http://uswebstore.earache.com/green-druid

Diggin' it.

Electric Wizard and Conan demos come out tomorrow, you dudes stoked?

Also, I know we've talked about that new Toke record a little bit lately, got the email about it today:

STB Records Presents!!

TOKE "Orange"

e9a5929a-d43a-4778-8d53-c79d3d2a7eac.jpg
dbbd92af-5e36-4660-b579-36c8b0256f0f.jpg
90be632e-175f-4142-afdb-24df997bcca7.jpg

Pre-Order Starts 12noon Dec 9th EST
-
STBrecords.bandcamp.com. .
Vinyl Release Info:

STB 28 - TOKE "Orange" - Repress comes with 2 new VINYL ONLY TRACKS
  • Sunshine of Your Love - Originally by Cream
  • Limb from Limb - Originally by Motorhead
Rick Contes from “Young And In The Way” did guest solos on limb from limb!

Test Pressing - 15 units - Comes hand numbered with a SUPER exclusive laser etched WOOD cover.

Die Hard -75 units - 180g vinyl - Half Transparent Orange / Half Clear - with black splatter in a heavy weight euro version jacket with two diff color foil stamping.. Comes with an exclusive TOKE "Orange" cast ring, a 4ft x 4ft TOKE "Orange" silk banner, and a TOKE "Orange" Back patch for your battle vest!

OBI Edition: - 100 units-  Clear with a black center and orange splatter. Printed OBI Strip - Made to look like "Toke Brand" rolling papers. hand numbered. Jacket with - spot UV

Standard Edition - 125 units-  Clear with black and orange splatter Jacket with - spot UV