Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

This whole thing is making me despise TMR. Why the hell did they sign with them? Anyway, this record will be everywhere in a week. It's a pressing of 10,000. Is it really going to be that hard to find a copy? I know there are a lot of bandwagon jumpers, but 10,000. Not to mention, they will DEFINITELY be doing another cash grab with a special box edition. I think I'm just going to have to listen to a download and buy it later.

Looking for a dropbox hookup.

Edited by lexicondevil

On 4/20/2018 at 2:19 PM, lexicondevil said:

This whole thing is making me despise TMR. Why the hell did they sign with them? Anyway, this record will be everywhere in a week. It's a pressing of 10,000. Is it really going to be that hard to find a copy? I know there are a lot of bandwagon jumpers, but 10,000. Not to mention, they will DEFINITELY be doing another cash grab with a special box edition. I think I'm just going to have to listen to a download and buy it later.

Looking for a dropbox hookup.

Money. They signed for money.

7 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I feel the time has come to stop my STB collection. This new release coming out saturday is so boring. 

https://stbrecords.bandcamp.com/album/let-it-breathe-let-it-breathe-digital-out-april-27th

I didn't check out too much, but what I heard sounded alright. Definitely better than some stuff he's been putting out.

12 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I feel the time has come to stop my STB collection. This new release coming out saturday is so boring. 

https://stbrecords.bandcamp.com/album/let-it-breathe-let-it-breathe-digital-out-april-27th

Yeah, it's been a while since I've been excited about an STB release. It's a shame, I really liked the earlier stuff they were putting out. Aside from the music on this newest release being not that great, the actual sound is terrible. It sounds like the mic is positioned outside of a rehearsal studio. Everything sounds muffled and flat. I just can't get past that.

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Yeah, it's been a while since I've been excited about an STB release. It's a shame, I really liked the earlier stuff they were putting out. Aside from the music on this newest release being not that great, the actual sound is terrible. It sounds like the mic is positioned outside of a rehearsal studio. Everything sounds muffled and flat. I just can't get past that.

I'm gonna have to listen to the stuff on stb, but I kind of like their River Wizard ep.

Also, after learning about The Sciences's existence late Sunday night, when I had Friday off could have easily waiting outside a store for a few to get a split copy, another local place had a handful of green ones, so grabbed one on lunch break. Plans for this evening just got real hazy

9 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Any of you dudes end up with that last Merlin record and you don't want it any more?

Didnt realize that sold out.  I feel the company does other presses to keep things going. May just be a while. 

This article propably helped sales a bit too. 

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/5-stoner-metal-highlights-from-2018/

2 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Didnt realize that sold out.  I feel the company does other presses to keep things going. May just be a while. 

This article propably helped sales a bit too. 

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/5-stoner-metal-highlights-from-2018/

Dammit, pitchfork.