Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

They are most likely going through a one-stop that is adding their cut on top of the wholesale price and if they weren’t smart enough to buy a bunch of stuff then they have to divide shipping costs over a few units/records + then add their profit to the record. That’s why sometimes you see distros with SRPs waaaaay higher than normal.

years and years ago they used to be super fairly priced.  occasionally you would see something priced really strange but most of the time just a buck or two more expensive than from the actual label.  was happy to pay that so I could grab 4 or 5 items at one shipping cost.  now it seems they are running a sale every week because they are probably getting minimal orders and need to make sales. 

On 6/6/2018 at 3:29 PM, lexicondevil said:

All That Is Heavy has the new YOB record for $31.99. On the Relapse site you can get it for $21.99. Ten bucks more on ATIH! What is the thinking behind that pricing?

Remember what they were charging for the regular green Sleep?

The definition of fucking bonkers.

Gotta do some shameful self-promotion and these are available on if you like your doom on the heavier/funeral style:

Body Void “I Live Inside a Burning House” 2xLP https://crownandthroneltd.bigcartel.com/product/body-void-i-live-inside-a-burning-house-2x12

and CS https://crownandthroneltd.bigcartel.com/product/body-void-i-live-inside-a-burning-house-cs

and last year’s Fister/CHRCH split on CS if you prefer/collect that format https://crownandthroneltd.bigcartel.com/product/fister-chrch-split-cs

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I just bought a copy of that and the slomatics split on ebay for 50 shipped. Not sure color of horseback but i know its not the picture disc so im happy with it!

Daaaaaamn. For real?! I've been looking for a decent priced copy of Horseback forever. Surprised I didn't see that deal (though I did just get the green Slomatics split in the mail from that recent repress.)

Edited by Ishtar

On 6/28/2018 at 12:16 AM, Ishtar said:

Daaaaaamn. For real?! I've been looking for a decent priced copy of Horseback forever. Surprised I didn't see that deal (though I did just get the green Slomatics split in the mail from that recent repress.)

Got these in yesterday and it was a white press of horseback and 1st press of the slomatics split on blue. Pretty pumped on both those!

4 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Also we are officially in migration fest month. Any you dudes making the trip to Pittsburgh?

I was getting ready to ask the same question.  I met up with a couple of guys through Dead Format at the 2nd Gilead Fest and we ended up keeping in touch and hanging out at the first Migration.  I have very few friends at home that are in to this type of music so it's always nice to meet like minded people at shows.  If anyone wants to grab some beers at some point let me know.

49 minutes ago, thebaucom said:

I was getting ready to ask the same question.  I met up with a couple of guys through Dead Format at the 2nd Gilead Fest and we ended up keeping in touch and hanging out at the first Migration.  I have very few friends at home that are in to this type of music so it's always nice to meet like minded people at shows.  If anyone wants to grab some beers at some point let me know.

I live in pittsburgh and will be there for the whole weekend with a friend.  Beers should be had!