Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Re: bolded quote: EXACTLY! hahaha.

Yeah, I figured its worth a shot to spread the word. Maybe I'll post a WTB thread in the Sales forum. I think I may be golden on the Black Masses. Just found a specific listing right after I posted here. Its lucky for me that most collectors treat black vinyl like a disease but unfortunately, a lot of the editions I want are shipping from expensive places with an exchange rate that puts the USD on the wrong side of the inflation.

Yeah, stoner/doom stuff often seems to get released across the pond, making it kind of an expensive niche within an already expensive hobby. 

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, JoshuaNilk said:

So, this is intriguing...just found this in my mailbox

New Elder release coming up through a brand new label/endeavour

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bluesfuneral/postwax-a-curated-heavy-music-vinyl-subscription-s?mc_cid=66f0da7b17&mc_eid=41544228b6

NICE!!!! Their last release was so mindblowing!!!!

edit: OK, just read that it's a Subscription thing and Elder states on their FB that it will have a regular release at a later point of time!

Edited by Sasan

I'm thinking it's probably an EP from Elder.

So, how did you lot deal with Black Friday? I think I haven't spent money on vinyl in like 6 months, which would've been unheard of for me a year ago but it's feeling oddly okay. Totally boycotted the consumption holiday. A part of me is still hoping that Relapse will hold a Cyber Monday sale as well though.

It's not completely by choice though  coincides with the fact that I have to go for a root canal treatment for the same damn tooth a second time. Anyone happen to have experience with that? One camp seems to hold that it would be better to just extract the whole thing instead of fighting a losing battle with re-occuring infections.

Edited by JoshuaNilk

• 4 weeks later...

Saw Sleep two nights ago and they kicked ass(duh). Was so tempted to buy the tour edition, but $60 was a little too ridiculous, especially since I already have the green version. I was hoping for a mission/tour patch, but no such luck. They had a poster, but I just didn't want to hold it during the show. This was only the second time I've seen them. The last time was I think one of their first reunion shows in SF and this one was better. Looking forward to seeing them again, but I hope to be a bit more stoned. :ph34r:

Edited by lexicondevil

11 hours ago, stranaspank said:

High On Fire cancelled their show here in Richmond on Saturday. Second one they've cancelled here in 3 months. Keep your toes clean, kids.

I want to somehow tell Matt Pike that fasting will cure his diabetes. How can I ?:o

They're coming around these parts in April with Sleep, Big Toe willing.

Also, adding to the controversy - lo and behold - a Third Man records 4LP live exclusive. If I understood correctly - that's 60$ to pre-order a 4LP live Sleep album?

https://thirdmanstore.com/tmr-vault-platinum-subscription-new

Edited by JoshuaNilk

2 hours ago, JoshuaNilk said:

Had the same impulse but then I started to consider how many times it would truly get played. Live albums don't have too much sway to find themselves on the turntable.

Yeah I'm skipping out on this.

That said, if anyone decides they don't want their patch, lemme know. My jacket will thank you. (So will I.)

Every single live record i buy i end up selling (except thin lizzy live and dangerous because that record is a banger)

i really dont see the draw in them. Perhaps just a way for a band to put something out for a contractual obligation? 

I know conan has like 3 which is ridiculous. 

• 2 weeks later...